TWENTY-FIVE

"You didn't tell me your birthday was in two days," I say as I watch Aurora walk into her bedroom

"You didn't tell me your birthday was in two days," I say as I watch Aurora walk into her bedroom. "It isn't that important," she replies, shrugging her shoulders.

I shake my head slowly, staring at her as she closes the door to her bedroom. "Your birthday is significant."

"Not to me," she replies, walking to where I sit.

I grab her wrist gently and pull her towards me until she's straddling me. "It is to me. So what do you want for your birthday, princess?" I ask, brushing a stray piece of hair out of her face.

"Nothing," she replies quietly.

"What?"

"I said I don't want anything," Aurora says stubbornly.

"I don't care for anything," she insists.

"Don't lie to me. Just one thing, Aurora: let me give you something for your birthday. What is it?" I ask.

She stays silent and continues to look defiantly at me. "I want you to come visit someone with me," she says, giving in.

"Visit who?"  I ask, my brows furrowing.

"My daughter, Amara. I would like to visit her grave. I haven't been in a while," she whispers.

For the first time in a while, my heart aches because of someone's sorrow.

My eyes widened slightly. "Of course," I reply.

"Thank you," she whispers, staring down at me.

She leans down and kisses me gently on the lips. I wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her body closer to mine.

Her hand slides under my shirt, resting lightly against my bare stomach. Our mouths continue to move against each other hungrily, neither wanting to break away. My hands travel underneath her shirt, caressing her baby bump,

As soon as we broke away from our heated kiss, she pulled herself off my chest, leaning on her elbows. I place a strand of her hair behind her ear, lean forward, and connect our lips again. Her mouth opens, and I slip my tongue inside her mouth.

Her fingers run through my hair lovingly as she begins kissing down my jawline, moving towards my neck.

Vibrations from Aurora's pocket cause her to pull away from me. "Sorry," she mutters, reaching into her pocket and pulling out her phone. "I have to take this," she says, moving off my lap.

"Fuck," I groan as I watch her hurry to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

I frown slightly when I hear her talking to someone. "I've told you millions of times I have everything under control," I hear her grit out.

I wonder who is she talking to that is making her so angry.

"I'm telling you to set it up. I'm not asking," she grits out.

" Ich sagte doch, ich will die verdammte Gala. Ich frage dich nicht als Freund, ich sage es dir als Donna," Aurora shouts.

I may not know German but I sure as hell know what fucking Donna means. Now what business does Aurora have with a donna, which I assume is the donna of the German mafia?

Aurora walks out of the bathroom, a fake smile plastered on her face. " Everything okay?" I ask, walking over to her.

" Yeah, everything is great," she replies.

Fucking lies.

" Princess, I have some business I need to attend to but I will see you soon," I say, staring down at her,

" Okay," she groans, placing a small kiss on my cheek.

I'm going to find out who the fuck was on Aurora's phone, and why Aurora was talking about a donna.