THIRTY-ONE

I knock on the door to Aurora's bedroom with my hand outstretched

I knock on the door to Aurora's bedroom with my hand outstretched. "Hey, Aurora, can I come in?" I say, standing outside of her room.

Hopefully, she forgives me.

When I received no reply, I pushed open her door and peeked inside.

"What the hell do you want, Saint?" she grits out as she looks at me.

"To apologize." As I walk over to her bed, I grab her hand as I stand in front of her, looking into her eyes. Aurora snatches her hand away from me.

"I should have never said what I said," I say. "Why did you say it then? Was it to mock them, or was it to upset them?" She questions me, glaring at me.

"No, it wasn't mockery, but... I thought it would hurt their feelings, so I said it, and now I regret saying anything."

Aurora stares at me in disbelief, and I can see the doubt written all over her face.

"You act like a fucking child," she spits. I nodded my head in response. "I know, and I'm sorry, Aurora," I repeat, rubbing my neck nervously.

She sighs loudly. "Did you apologize to Leo and Matteo as well?"

I nodded again in affirmation.

"I will only forgive you if you take me to get ice cream," she says, smiling sweetly at me.

I would buy her every ice cream shop in the world if it meant that Aurora would forgive me.

"Seriously," I retort. "Yes, pregnant people crave lots of things, and I want ice cream," she replies, rolling her eyes.

"You know, I am sorry," I say, sitting on the edge of the bed and grabbing her hand. She gives me a small smile.

"I know," she answers. Then she pulls my arm, so my body is pressed against hers. I wrap my arms around her waist to hold her closer to me. "Thank you for apologizing," she murmurs before pulling away.

"Before we go get your ice cream, I've been meaning to ask you something."

I start, watching her closely.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Yeah? What is it?" she prods. I take a deep breath. "Will you go with me to a gala?"

Her eyes widen in surprise. She chuckles as she drapes her arm across her protruding belly. "Is Saint Volkov asking me on a date?" She mocks, arching her brows.

I stared blankly at her before nodding. "So, will you go?"

"If I can find a dress that doesn't make me look fat, of course, I will go with you," she retorts, looking down at her belly.

"Nothing could ever make you look fat, pregnant or not," I assure her. She blushes.

I reach over her bump and press my palm against it. "Also, you're hot while pregnant and would look beautiful in anything," I mutter.

Her being pregnant makes me want to fuck her more if I'm being honest.

"Shut up."

"Never," I reply, placing a kiss on her forehead.

She rolls her eyes at me before pulling away. "Come on, let's go get my ice cream, Saint," she orders, hopping off the bed.

I nod, letting go of her hand.

She takes my hand and intertwines her fingers with mine tugging me after her. I fell into step with her and continued to hold her hand until we reached my car.

I open the car door and wait for Aurora to sit down before closing the door. I walk to the other side before settling in the driver's seat. As soon as I put my foot on the gas, she let out a gasp and grasped her belly.

"Are you okay?" I asked, stopping the car. "I just felt the baby kick," she whispers, smiling down at her belly. My eyes lit up at the sight.

"That's amazing," I say.

Although Aurora may not know this, I am experiencing one of the happiest moments of my life.