TWENTY-NINE

"You know my brothers are going to have to kill you when they see us walk in together," I say, following Saint to my porch

"I would like to see them try," he chuckles, shaking his head.

I pull my keys out of my bag to unlock the door and allow Saint to enter first before following after him. We step into the house and close the door after we get in.

"I wonder where my brothers are," I say, looking around the empty living room.

"Madam, they are out in the garden," the maid that served me my first night here says as she approaches me and Saint.

"Thank you; sorry I didn't catch your name," I say, smiling at her.

"Anna, my name is Anna," she replies, glancing at Saint.

"It was nice to meet you, Anna," I reply, smiling at her.

Saint puts his hand on my lower back.

I turn back to Anna. "Well, if you would excuse us, we are off to see my brothers," I say, walking toward the garden.

"I don't like that girl," Saint sneers once we are out of earshot. I roll my eyes at his comment.

"You don't like anyone," I retort, walking through corridors.

"I like you," he corrects, smirking down at me.

"Shut up. Anna is a nice girl," I say, walking into the gardens.

Saint doesn't respond and continues to follow me.

"What the fuck are you doing with him?" Leonardo shouts, walking up to us.

"Aww, calm down, Leo," Saint retorts, smiling at him.

"We've told you to stay away from her," Mateo interrupts.

I can't believe I thought this would be a peaceful interaction.

"I think we should all calm down," I say, stepping in between Saint and my brothers.

"Yeah, calm down," Saint mocks.

"Shut the hell up!" I scold myself as I look back at him.

"Stay away from my sister. You are no good for her or her child," Matteo says, glaring daggers at Saint.

"Matteo! Shut the hell up," I repeat.

"Both of you are fucking stupid!" Saint chuckles, stepping in front of me. "I honestly can't believe you haven't caught on yet," he jokes.

"Caught on to what?" Leonardo asks, taking a step towards Saint with his fist clenched. "Saint! No!" I shout, slapping him on the arm.

"I fucked her. Now she's pregnant with my child." Saint's voice was silky with mockery.

Matteo looks between Saint and me in disbelief while Leo blankly stares at Saint. Leonardo's chest rises as he clenches his hands at his sides.

"I'm going to fucking kill you," Leo grits out, lunging at Saint.

"Woah, wait!" I yell as I jump between the two, grabbing onto each of their wrists and pulling them apart from each other. "Both of you, stop it!" I yelled at them.

Fucking childish men.

Both of them look away from each other, glaring at the floor. Neither of them speaks.

"Both of you are acting like fucking children. You don't see Matteo fighting and screaming, do you?" I ask furiously.

"He got you pregnant, though!" Leo shouts. I ask furiously. "I know that. I know, but this has nothing to do with you," I say, taking a deep breath.

"I'm going to go now, and please don't bother me," I whisper, walking away. Leo stares at me, his mouth agape. I can see the anger in his eyes, but he remains silent.

I take a few steps back before finally turning and walking away, my heart heavy with sadness.

" Are you ok, madam?" Anna asks as I step into the living. I wiped away the tears on my face as I looked up at her.

" Yeah, it's just stupid pregnancy hormones," I lie, forcing a smile.

She nods. I give her one last smile and then begin going upstairs to the bedroom. When I enter, I collapse on the bed, burying my face into my pillow.