SIXTEEN

"Saint, what did you need to talk about?" Arlo, the second in command of the German mafia, asks as he walks into the room with eight soldiers

"An alliance," I say casually, sipping my whiskey. Arlo stares at me blankly " You want an alliance with the German mafia?" he repeats slowly, confused.

" Yes, I do."

" Why?" he asks.

I sigh heavily " Tell your men to leave the room, and we can discuss why," I say, staring down at the scared men.

While seeing men tremble before me is fun, I don't need them to know that I care deeply about Aurora.

" Out," he commands, keeping his eyes on me.

His soldiers file out of the room, leaving us alone. I watch as Arlo walks over to the table and sits in the seat next to me.

" I'm asking for an alliance because of Aurora," I say, placing my folded hands on the table.

His body goes stiff with fear. " What does Aurora have to do with this?" he questions.

What's so interesting about the human body is that you can always see someone's emotions in their eyes, and right now, Arlo has so much fear in his; it's intoxicating to me.

" She claims you are her family, that the German mafia is her family. Autora wants you safe, and us going to war ensures your death," I explain in my voice monotone.

" I care deeply for Aurora, and she somehow cares deeply about you. I'm going to put my hatred aside for her and make an alliance,"

" You care for no one but yourself; why care about the people Aurora cares about?" he sneers.

" Aurora is going to be my wife soon, and I care deeply for her but make no mistake, if you go against my mafia, I will have no trouble killing you and the entire German mafia,"

His face drops at my words " She's going to be your wife?" he asks, his eyes wide and shocked.

I nod my head in silence. Arlo's jaw clenched tightly for a moment " You can have the alliance," he said, sighing.

I raise an eyebrow " And why is that?" I ask, leaning closer to him.
" Aurora is like a daughter to me, and I will do anything to ensure her safety," he admits.

He may be telling the truth, but he's leaving out part of it; I can feel it.

" You aren't going to ask your don for permission to make a treaty between us?" I ask.

I'm curious, why hasn't he asked his don?

" She cares for Aurora more than I do, and I'm sure she would agree to this alliance," he responds.

So it's true the don of the German mafia is a woman, attractive.

" So it's true the don of the German mafia is a girl?" I questioned.

Arlo nods his head. " That's why she was able to take over so easily; people always underestimate a girl," he says sarcastically.
I roll my eyes at him and grab my drink from the table, taking the last sip.

I sigh as the liquid burns and slides down my throat.

" Sign the agreement," I say, sliding him a piece of paper with a pen.

Arlo grabs the paper and starts writing down his signature as he signs. Once he's done, he slides the form back to me.

I grab the paper and shove it in my pocket before standing up. " It was good doing business with you," I say, leaving the room.