𝟑𝟗

𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐢𝐞𝐬

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

"Waiting for special someone?" I catch Ruan off-guard, staring at the entrance of the hall.

He merely passes me a curve of his lips, boy is allergic to smiles.

"Celia." He acknowledges giving me a formal hug. "You look stunning."

I know who looks stunning.

"Yeah? I thought you couldn't take your eyes off my hot neighbour." I smirk.

He smirks.

"Well I've to keep an eye out, for you and I both know how far men can be trusted around beautiful ladies."

There he goes spoiling my mood.

"Thanks for bringing her." He says noticing the sour look on my face.

"She came for me not for you." His smile turns into a flat line. "Just returning the favour of bursting one's bubble."

And then he passes me something close to a grin.

"Ah Celia your dry humour an ever wonder."

I chuckle.

"I can't believe this is happening." He sighs after a seconds silence clinking our glasses.

I've known Ruan for over five years now, as far as Marlon is aware of.

But in reality, he has been one of the rarest few who has seen me without this mask I wear.

He has treated me, diagnosed me and has been a very eminent force in re-establishing my faith in humanity or rather in men.

I think we were destined to meet either ways.

May it be cause we both are unwillingly connected to Lilura somehow and we're so far after the same society.

I don't know about his connection to Lilura yet but I will soon enough.

Besides that I admire the work he does. He isn't a hero then again not all heros wear a Spiderman costume.

But if I was to tell Rosie about superheroes, I did tell her about Ruan except that I would sheild her from that world that needs to be saved by a hero and rather teach her to be vigilante.

Cause being heros can save life so far.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either, thank you so much Ruan."

Today means a lot to me.

This whole project means a lot to Celia.

She had always wanted to make a hospital that the abused women of Lilura could access free of cost, after she discovered the horrors that they faces just for breathing.

So many of them could have had lived if only proper healthcare was available to them, if the educated took that small measure to educate them of the world beyond their stupid superstitions.

Celia's dream was to make Lilura a better place.

Why you may ask?

Her father was an activist, one of those few men who protested against the unfair treatment women are condemned to in Lilura and he died trying.

His car was set on fire with his battered body trapped in it.

And she died trying to carry on her father's dreams, a father she had never seen never met only heard and read about after going years searching about her parents.