𝟑𝟒

𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀

"Back to the racket topic?" I revert her attention.

"Yea..." She sighs. "Jethro was a Father." She scoffs and oh does it feel good to hear someone talk about you him the way he deserves to be. "He was best known for exorcisms and he had made a great reputation out of that occupation as far as people treating him like God."

Where is there God now?

"Back in the time girls and women were taken away with the reason given as being possessed by evil. And it's so sad cause Lilura is known as the psychic centre. But the people of Lilura see it nothing more than a curse."

Curse....

I look down at my hands.

Cursed hands are quite handy I did say then.

"Back in the time, Jethro, Henry and Donaver ran this racket, where when Jethro would be called to exorcise the girls, he would take them away. Kill them if he wanted or sold them to a society..."

Doñas de fuera.

The society that trades in gifted girls and women.

"And the worst part is no one ever questioned doubted or protested."

"Did you?" I fire back. "Did you protest?"

She falls silent.

"I didn't." She whispers quietly. "I wish I had-"

"There's no point in wishing on melted candles, Maria." I say curtly my tongue itching to say something sour that would sting her deep like a stingray's barb.

"That will be my forever guilt, sweetheart." She plays with her hands smiling sadly. "I wanted to protest but what could I've done when my own family were a bunch of fucking deranged psychopaths."

I wouldn't doubt that.

"My father and Henry's father always get along well, you can guess why."

Psychopaths attracts each other.

I nod.

"Henry had a sister, her name was Scarlet."

Scarlet like my nails.

Like Aerona's flower shop.

"Scarlet, Ivy and I were bestfriends."

Ofcourse.

"Both me and Scarlet were forced to marry men for the sake of carrying on the psychosis, which they called maintaining the family reputation. My father gave me away to Henry while Henry gave away his sister...."

"You were forced to marry Henry and Scarlet was forced to marry-"

"Jethro." She finishes. "I never saw her much after the wedding day, Jethro-"

"Can you not say his name every five seconds." I finally snap.

She blinks at my outburst.

"Sorry," I force a deep breathe. "It's just something inside me gets triggered when I hear the names of assholes like him."

"Understandable." She nods.

Not really.

"He didn't let her out of that godforsaken manor in the forbidden forest where he lived. Eleven years back I got the news of her being passed away tragically after getting possessed and having stabbed herself."