Epilogue

In the Desipich house, Kyle and Rachel are talking with James present as well.

Rachel: It was supposed to be a simple run. There was this Zeus Corps infected with a grenade that is in front. I think that asshole with the colored eyes drew him in. I saw the grenades. I tried to stop Jason from shooting, but then it exploded. The explosion killed Jason and knocked Joshua into the wall of shards. Morgan was going to run...but we made her stay. Couldn't get Joshua out of there without help....then I saw that asshole trying to rob Zeke, so I helped him and I shot that asshole. He fell into a pack of infected...I heard a gunshot then Moses told me that Morgan killed Joshua and ran off. We chased her to the lobby, got cornered by infected on both sides..... Zeke drew the ones outside the front....but....all she had to do was hold the fucking door....but she panicked. Moses...I had him, Kyle....I had his hand....I watched him die. He told me he loved me.

Rachel cries over the lossof Moses as Kyle takes her hand and shakes his head in understanding.

Rachel: I wanted to kill her. I almost shot her....but then Zeke stopped me.....I could've said she was killed by infected....I wanted to kill her so fucking bad, Kyle...

Kyle sighs, then walks over to James.

Kyle: Kid's really shaken.

James: Yeah, she saw the boy she loved get torn apart by infected right in front of her. I don't blame her....Do you think she should've killed that girl?

Kyle: These people don't what they are doing. Any of them.

James: We can show them our ways.

Kyle: I don't know if they can, James.

James: Kyle, we have to be here. We do, man.

Kyle: Yeah, we do....for the girl...and for Savannah....but their rules; we don't answer to their kind.

James: Kyle, we are their kind. This is the start....this is what Marcus and Joseph would want. Dude, we have to make this work.

Kyle sighs, before walking over to Shawn, who's smoking on the porch.

Shawn: How's Rachel doing?

Kyle: Shaken....

Shawn: Can you blame her?

Kyle: No, I can't.....

Shawn: You thinking what I'm thinking, though?

Kyle: No coincidence that the guy that Rachel ran into at the warehouse is the same guy who fucked up the traps....Yeah....that is exactly what I'm thinking.

Kyle groans when suddenly, the two hear something. The noises seem to get louder as the noises are revealed to be muffled voices shouting at each other. James, Sarah, Cassandra, Caleb, Rocky, Rachel, Kayla, Chris and Savannah step out.

Kayla: What the hell?

Savannah: What is that?

Kyle: Shh....

Kyle looks ahead as the voices get louder.

Sarah: What the fuck?

Rachel: There's voices in the pipes underground.

James: Someone could be in trouble.

Kyle turns to the group then looks at Rachel.

Kyle: Rachel, you didn't turn in your gun when you got back, right?

Rachel pulls out her gun.

Rachel: No.

Kyle: Good. You might need it. I'm going to go see what the hell is going on.