Chapter 15: Quench Thy Thirst

Later on, at the side of the Myrmidon, Margaret is leaning on the side of the train as Marcus approaches her.

Margaret: What?

Marcus: You did good....

Margaret: We did good....

Marcus: Saving those people....it's who we are....

Margaret: It's gonna take a while, Marcus....

Marcus: Saving people like that....maybe we'll both get some closure out of it.

Margaret sighs.

Margaret: Maybe....

Marcus: You know; I envy you.

Margaret: Why?

Marcus doesn't say anything for a while, but then looks out at the moon and then speaks.

Marcus: You got to say goodbye. You stayed with him til the end. I didn't get that with Vivian.....I wish I had....but you did. Joseph died happy....he didn't die in pain....he died knowing you loved him.

James spots Cassandra looking out into the moon as she smiles. Suddenly, Rocky walks up next to James.

Rocky: Pondering the question, huh?

James looks to Rocky, startled.

James: Dude....give someone a fucking warning next time.

Rocky: Sorry...couldn't help, but notice that you've got a ring in your hand...then and your staring at your girl with a very pretty gold liner....So, I'm gonna make two assumptions; either A; you got a fine desire to wear a ring on your finger for yourself or B; you plan on putting on her finger and making her have your last name and make her Shawn's sister in law.

James: When you put it like that, sure....

Rocky: Well....here's some advice to you, brother....

James: Oh, fuck me.

Rocky: Don't do it, my guy. Don't do it. Seriously. I wanted to marry Faith, but she bitched too much. Seriously, man. All she did was want me to pull out the question, but I'm just like "it's the apocalypse. We're gonna fucking die anyway. What's the point in getting married? Like, seriously? I'd just prefer the head, honestly".....and even she left me a suicide note that resulted in her saying that her sucking my dick was disappointing, that means that she enjoyed the rest of the sex.

James scratches his ear, uncomfortable.

James: Fuck me, man...do we have to talk about your sex life?

Rocky: I'm just saying, man. My sex life was glorious.

James: I get it. No strings attached....but....that doesn't mean I need to be scared of marriage. We've been together for a decade so, I think it's time.

Rocky: Yeah...well, it's your funeral, my guy....just good luck with the proposal....and pray for you guys....make sure that you're sure.

James then sighs, before walking up to Cassandra, rubbing the back of his head.

James: Hey.....

Cassandra: Hey....is everything okay?

James: Yeah...uh....Kyle and my brother went to go get water for the crew.

Cassandra: Yeah...it's just so hot out here...

James: But it's kinda nice....you know, it's almost like a day at the beach.

Cassandra: How is this in anyway like a day at the beach, James?

James: Well, I mean, this is Vegas....and there's no water, so....