Chapter 23: New Faces, New Town

Start from the beginning

Sarah looks at Kyle, smirking.

Sarah: Said that you and Rachel needed me more.

Sarah sighs.

Sarah: Abigail....I treated her so bad when I first met her. I almost killed her....if you hadn't stopped me...if I had....She saved my life and I tried to kill her.

Sarah looks down and shakes her head. Kyle takes Sarah's hand.

Sarah: Kyle....Peter and Anna might be legit....You know Abigail wanted us to give it a shot....

Kyle sighs.

Sarah: They helped you get the medicine back to me. They're good people and where they're from, there are more good people....people like us.

Kyle thinks for a moment.

Kyle: I think that's what Joseph was trying to tell me.....that there's good people still out there if I had just have faith. Believe.....

Sarah: We've got to, Kyle.....

Later on, the survivors are discussing the matter of Berrington, with the photos laid out with Peter and Anna leaning to the side.

Shawn: So, what? We're supposed to just trust these two? Because they brought you back and showed you a bunch of pictures?

Rocky: Yeah....how do we know these people aren't dangerous?

James sighs.

James: Or if it's another trap.....

Cassandra: Kyle....they did get you back....

Sarah: And they brought the medicine back.....the medicine that saved my life....the rest of that medicine could not only help us, but that community they're from.

Margaret: It can't help all of us....

Kyle sighs.

Rachel: Kyle, why wouldn't we go? I mean, they could've robbed and killed you, but they didn't....plus Anna has a broken ankle.

Sarah: Peter and Anna aren't lying....

Sarah looks around at the survivors.

Sarah: And they don't want to hurt us. We need this.....Guys, Abigail is dead.....I can't live like this. Going from state to state, living on a train....trying to survive.....

Kayla: She's right, Kyle.....Sanctuary was different. They just spoke on a radio with no proof of safety. These photos are proof that we'll be safe.....plus, Savannah....she needs a chance to live a good life. This place has a school....she can learn...instead of just surviving.

Cassandra: We will be safe.

James raises his head.

Cassandra: James....I'm tired of this.....I want to at least live in a house.....in a bed...it's worth a shot....we can't be a married couple on a train.

Chris: I don't know, man....This might finally be it.

Rocky: Plus, we'd finally get toilets.....nice clean toilets.

Chris: Man, you just asked if these people are dangerous.

Rocky: Yeah...but a house always has a toilet.

After some thinking, Kyle then nods.

Kyle: Okay....let's go to Berrington.

Later on, Kyle is checking the engine of the Myrmidon when Sarah walks up.

Kyle: You okay?

Sarah: When you said we're going to Berrington, were you serious? Or are you trying to get them to tell you where their camp is?