"We don't have a choice, Sweetheart. They only gave us access to one room," Ammar said with a serious tone, hoping to convince her and keep his lie intact.

"I thought you booked the entire villa!" Hanan looked at him, and he avoided making eye contact to maintain his facade.

"Yes, but unfortunately, they only granted us one room," Ammar explained.

"But why do I find it hard to believe you? Is this your plan?" Hanan questioned.

"Sweetheart, let's not dwell on this. Let me organize my clothes in the closet," Ammar said, not waiting for Hanan's reply as he entered the walk-in closet.

Hanan stared at him, her mouth agape.

After an hour, Ammar finally emerged from the walk-in closet.

"I thought you were planning to spend the rest of the day in there," Hanan remarked.

"Sorry, sweetheart, for keeping you waiting. I took a shower after organizing my clothes," Ammar explained, causing Hanan to observe him and notice that he had indeed showered, with his changed attire and wet hair.

"Sweetheart, I forgot to mention that you should go and have your dinner. I know you're hungry. I'll pray and meet you in the dining area," Ammar informed her.

"Okay," Hanan said, walking toward the door.

"Ammar, we're not finished discussing you staying in my room!" Hanan turned around, glaring at him.

"There's nothing more to discuss. I've already arranged my clothes in the closet," Ammar smirked.

"I'll let it slide this time!" Hanan said, leaving the room, while Ammar smiled as he watched her walk away.

***

Hanan had already changed into her pajamas and was currently lying in bed, engrossed in her phone.

"Sweetheart," Ammar immediately said as he entered the room.

"Waalaikumussalam," Hanan replied sarcastically.

"Sorry. Assalamu alaikum," Ammar smiled, moving to the other side of the bed, and attempting to lie down.

"Ammar, don't even think about lying down on the bed!" Hanan said, sitting up.

"Why?" Ammar raised an eyebrow, sitting up as well.

"We're not sleeping in the same bed!" Hanan stated.

"Where do you want me to sleep then?" Ammar asked, amused, as he had expected this and was only teasing her, as he didn't plan to sleep on the bed either.

"That's your concern," Hanan replied.

"Hanan, is this how you treat your husband?" Ammar asked, feigning hurt.

Hanan stood up from the bed and walked towards the walk-in closet.

After a few minutes, she returned with blankets in her hands.

Hanan spread the blankets on the floor and grabbed a pillow, placing it on top of the blankets.

"You can sleep on the floor now, my husband," Hanan said with a fake smile.

"Have I treated you well now?" Hanan added.

"Yes," Ammar finally found his voice after being lost in watching what Hanan was doing.

"Now, would you get up from the bed, my husband?" Hanan said with a sweet smile, and Ammar complied, standing up from the bed.

"Sweetheart, are you making your husband sleep on the floor?" Ammar asked, looking at the floor where she had spread the blankets.