Chapter 4

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)  said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):

1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)

2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.

3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity).

4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)

5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

Sahih al-Bukhari, 8
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 1

*****

Ammar emerged from the meeting room, taking purposeful strides, brimming with eagerness to meet Hanan.

His bodyguards trailed closely behind, but he halted them from following. "Don't accompany me. I'm not leaving the premises." The bodyguards acknowledged his command as he headed towards his private elevator.

The receptionist was taken aback as she witnessed Ammar's departure from the meeting room, knowing well that the meeting was far from concluding.

Ammar's impatience grew as he perceived the elevator to be moving at a sluggish pace.

When the elevator doors opened, he swiftly exited.

Ammar walk through the company lobby with determined steps, his posture exuding confidence, shoulders squared, and head held high. His countenance remained aloof as he sought out Hanan.

The employees promptly greeted him upon spotting his presence, yet he disregarded their greetings, neither looking at them nor acknowledging their words, his mind consumed with finding Hanan.

A noticeable change in his demeanour occurred. His typically cold and calculating eyes softened upon catching sight of Hanan, offering a glimpse beneath his otherwise emotionless facade.

As he drew nearer, his pace slowed, as though time stretched momentarily to savour the moment. The lines on his face relaxed, and a genuine smile delicately curved his lips. His gaze intensified, reflecting the depth of his emotions.

"Hanan," Ammar's voice softened as he uttered her name, his words flowing like a whispered melody filled with profound affection.

Hanan instinctively raised her head and beheld Ammar Sheik standing before her, clad in an elegant black Tom Ford suit, radiating sophistication.

"I believe we are not acquainted enough for you to address me by my name directly," Hanan remarked, rising from her seat.

Hanan, remember you need something from him. Why not be a little less rude? Her inner voice nudged her.

Hanan mentally facepalmed at her response, realizing she could have simply answered with a polite "yes" instead of her abrupt reply.

Ammar's laughter brought her back to reality. "You're something, you know? Now, could you please enlighten me on what I should call you, milady?"

The company's employees gaped in astonishment as their usually cold and ruthless CEO now displayed warmth in his gaze, even offering a smile and laughter. It was a stark contrast to his usual demeanour.

What struck them the most was the unprecedented sight of him personally receiving a guest on the ground floor. In the past, if the visitor was important, his assistant would handle the task. But this time, he had come himself.