Chapter 6

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all that Allah has forbidden."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 10
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 3

*****

"Ya Hanan, are you still insisting on not seeing your Kayan Lefe?" Eman asked Hanan, the two were currently in Hanan's room.

"This is the hundredth time you've asked this question! And let me answer you for the final time, I'm not going to see it!" Hanna was firm in her decision not to see her Kayan Lefe (Betrothal Gifts).

Two weeks had passed since Hanan accepted marrying Ammar Sheik. They had brought the Kayan Lefe two days ago, even after Hanan expressed her disinterest. As a widow, what would she do with it? It's not even appropriate to give her Kayan Lefe, that's what she thought.

And Hanan's wedding with Ammar is in a week.

"Okay then," Eman surrendered.

"Ya Hanan, you know I made a Vlog about your Kayan Lefe. You don't want to see how people are admiring it because I've never seen anyone's Kayan Lefe like yours. It's amazing," Eman exclaimed.

Another reason Hanan didn't want to see it was because the Kayan Lefe was too extravagant! Did Ammar have to show off his wealth to everyone?

"That reminds me, Ya Hanan. People have been begging me to do a Vlog about you and Ya Ammar. Please cooperate. I just want to ask you two a few questions, that's all. I want my followers to increase, pretty please," Eman begged. Eman was a vlogger with about three hundred thousand followers on Instagram.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no way I'm appearing in your vlog! Maybe if it was just me, I would reconsider, but with Ammar involved? No way!" Hanan said, making Eman's face fall.

Just then, they heard a knock on the door before it opened.

"What's going on here?" Arif asked, followed by Mehar.

"Eman, well done for running away and leaving me to attend to the guests," Mehar said, sending Eman a murderous glare.

"Sorry," Eman apologized.

"Sister-in-law, you know I saved you from the guests? Now you should fulfill my request," Arif said with a mischievous smile.

"I'm not setting you up with her!" Mehar said. Arif had been pestering her to set him up with one of her cousins, but knowing he's a player, there was no way she would match him up with her.

"But why?" Arif groaned.

"You know better," Mehar replied.

"Mehar, don't match him up with anyone if you don't want him to break her heart," Hanan chimed in.

"Hanan, why are you turning your back on me?" Arif asked, glaring at her, and she just shrugged.

"Mehar, where is Samir?" Hanan asked about Mehar's son.

"He's with Ammi," Mehar replied.

"I'll go and get him later. I can't bear my baby being away from me," Hanan said with a smile, and Mehar smiled too.

"The way you love kids, I hope you have your own very soon," Mehar said mischievously.

"Have kids? With whom?" Hanan asked, showing her surprise.

"With Ammar, of course," Mehar answered.

"Over my dead body!" Hanan stated, seething with anger at the thought of having kids with Ammar; it would drive her crazy.