Chapter 5

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Faith (Belief) consists of more than sixty branches (i.e. parts). And Haya (This term "Haya" covers a large number of concepts which are to be taken together; amongst them are self-respect, modesty, bashfulness, and scruple, etc.) is a part of faith."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 9
In-Book Reference: Book 2, Hadith 2

*****

It has been a week since Hanan's last meeting with Ammar, and she couldn't be happier that she hasn't seen him again.

If there's one thing she wishes for, it's to never cross paths with him in this lifetime. However, she knows it's her wishful thinking.

In the past week, her family has been emotionally blackmailing her into marrying Ammar Sheik.

She's currently feeling overwhelmed and unsure about what to do.

She had considered running away before, but she can't abandon her family, especially considering their precarious financial situation.

She has been praying consistently to Allah, hoping for guidance and the best outcome for her.

At this point, she's completely lost and confused.

Unfortunately, her family isn't making things any easier for her, and they claim that Ammar has been pressuring them about the marriage as well.

Her hatred for Ammar keeps growing, blaming him entirely for the predicament she finds herself in.

Why did he involve her in his business dealings? Is he making a fool of her?

She still can't believe that he truly loved her. When someone loves another person, they're willing to sacrifice anything for them. But Ammar isn't like that; he's unwilling to compromise for her.

When she remembers going to his company to plead with him to reconsider marrying her, she despises herself for doing so. She had foolishly believed he would be kind enough to help her.

Regardless of the situation, it serves as a valuable lesson for her.

"Bestie"

"Ya, Hanan!"

Hanan heard the voices of her best friend and sister, and she looked up to see the two enterings her room with gloomy expressions.

"Assalamu alaikum," Hanan said sarcastically, eyeing them.

"Waalaikumussalam," They replied sheepishly as they sat down on the bed.

"What's wrong with you two?" Hanan asked, studying their sullen faces.

"You don't want to know," Mehar, Hanan's best friend, and sister-in-law, said, wiping away a tear.

"Eman, why don't you tell me?" Hanan asked Eman when Mehar refused to share.

"Ya, Hanan," Eman said, throwing her arms around Hanan as she burst into tears.

"Now you two are scaring the hell out of me!" Hanan exclaimed, feeling a sense of dread. Perhaps something terrible had happened.

"Hanan, if you don't take any action, we'll go bankrupt in a day or two," Eman sobbed, her tears flowing even harder.

"What?" Hanan exclaimed. She hadn't expected it to happen so soon. She thought they had at least a month or two.

"We were also shocked when the stock price started plummeting rapidly," Mehar replied, wiping her tears.

"Hanan, please, I beg you to consider marrying Ammar if you want to save our family from bankruptcy," Mehar pleaded, moving closer and holding Hanan's hand.