Chapter 12

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
The rider should first greet the pedestrian, and the pedestrian the one who is seated and a small group should greet a larger group (with as-Salam-u-'Alaikum).

Sahih Muslim, 2160
In-Book Reference: Book 39, Hadith 1

*****

Hanan's eyes widened in awe as they arrived at their destination—a secluded private villa nestled in a corner of Goa. The gate swung open, revealing a meticulously manicured garden bursting with vibrant tropical flowers and the sweet fragrance of frangipani.

Hanan glanced at Ammar, who greeted her with a breathtaking smile. "Do you like the villa?" He asked, and she nodded in response.

A bodyguard opened the door for them, and they stepped out.

Hanan gazed at the villa standing before them—a stunning architectural masterpiece that seamlessly blended modern comforts with traditional Goan elements. Its white-washed walls exuded timeless charm, while large French doors enticed them to venture inside. The sound of trickling water reached their ears as they stepped onto the polished marble entrance, where a magnificent fountain sparkled under the warm Goan sun.

One of the bodyguards unlocked the door, causing Hanan's breath to catch in her throat as they entered the villa. The interior exuded elegance and opulence, boasting high ceilings, intricately carved wooden furniture, and floor-to-ceiling windows that bathed the rooms in natural light. Soft, billowing curtains swayed with the breeze, revealing glimpses of a private pool just beyond the terrace.

"Come, let me show you your room upstairs," Ammar said, leading the way.

"Here is your room" Ammar showed her a room.

"Okay," Hanan replied. entering the room.

"What about my luggage?" Hanan turned around.

"It will be brought up shortly," Ammar reassured her, and they noticed a bodyguard approaching with their suitcases.

"Here is your luggage," Ammar said, offering Hanan her suitcases. She nodded, taking it from him.

"See you later," Hanan said, smiling at Ammar before closing the door.

Her smile left Ammar in awe, as it was the first time she had smiled at him!

***

Hanan freshened up and offered her missed prayers before settling down on the bed.

The room was just as beautiful as the rest of the villa.

Hanan felt grateful for Ammar's comforting presence when she cried in the car. She appreciated that he didn't say anything but simply gave her solace.

Maybe he's not as bad as she initially thought?

A knock on the door interrupted Hanan's thoughts. "Come in," She utters.

Ammar entered the room carrying his suitcases and closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing in my room?" Hanan asked, eyeing the suitcase in his hands.

"Sweetheart, we're going to share the same room," Ammar replied, a smirk playing on his face.

"And why is that?" Hanan raised an eyebrow, suspicious.

"Because we're on our honeymoon," Ammar stated the obvious.

"There's no way we're sharing the same room!" Hanan exclaimed, standing up.