This is not easy for me. This is all too sudden. And I don't think I can warm up to her. Not right now, at least. Hindi ko naman sinasara ang posibilidad na maiintindihan ko ang mga desisyong nagawa niya. But right now, I don't want to give her a forced comfort.

Namutawi sa amin ang katihimikan ng ilang sandali. Nangibabaw ang mga paghikbi niya kasabay ng paghampas ng mga alon at mabining ihip ng hangin.

She coughed all throughout her cries, so Tristan stood up and went somewhere in the house to probably get her a glass of water.

And when her son was gone from the room, she quietly continued her explanation.

"I was a prisoner all throughout our marriage. Sa tuwing binabanggit ko ang ideyang kunin ka sa ama mo, pisikal niya akong sinasaktan. All the more I couldn't left when I was pregnant with Tristan. From then on, I never had the chance to leave because I had to fight for my son," napapaos niyang sinabi.

"And I painfully lived each and everyday while I was far from you. I had to give up my daughter... in order to fight for my son. I know it's unfair. It's unfair towards you. But I hope, I hope you'll understand, Tequila. I don't expect you to forgive me immediately but please... please... at least, give me a chance."

I sighed and then nodded as I raked my trembling fingers all over my messy hair.

My head is throbbing right now.

Pagkatapos marinig ang kuwento niya, I get to grasp the idea of the kind of life that she was living. How it must've been so hard and felt to straining.

What other choice did she have... right?

Hindi ko na mapigilan pa ang pamumuo ng nagbabadyang luha sa mga mata.

"I... I need time to think," I whispered quietly and got down the terrace before my tears started streaming down my face.

Ramdam ko kaagad ang mainit na pakiramdam ng buhangin sa mga paa kong walang sapin.

I went further towards the shore and weakly sat down the sands.

And then when I was sure that I was all alone, I let out my quiet sobs.

She couldn't move freely. She was shackled.

At least... she was still thinking of me, right? At least... she didn't forget me when she already had another child?

Just thinking about all her struggles made me think I can easily warm up to her. That within the next days, I'll slowly let her in. And I'll be trying my best to do that.

Kaya lang sa mga sumusunod na araw, habang nagtatago kami sa isang liblib na probinsya, sa loob ng isang maliit na pribadong resort na pagmamay-ari niya, nahihirapan akong ayusin ang relasyon namin.

She insists that her husband doesn't know about this resort so we're safe here. She doesn't get my point. I don't want to be caged in here forever, hiding like a criminal. Surely, we can involve the authorities with this matter.

But then, it seems more difficult for her. Alam na alam niya ang illegal na business na kinasasangkutan ng asawa. She's revealed that he's recently involved in the smuggling of guns.

Ni hindi niya ako pinapayagang makigamit ng phone niya. Pinagbabawalan niya rin si Tristan. She thinks they're both wiretapped. So she doesn't allow me to contact anyone.

It's been three days since she dragged me here. And I can't help but be worried about Gon.

Ano na kayang iniisip o ginagawa noon ngayon? Surely, he's asked from Don Primero about me because I was in their mansion before he left for his younger brother.