Kabanata 25

Dinner

"Ayos lang ba sa 'yo ang niluluto ko ngayon? Just tell me if you like anything in particular. I'll try to cook it for you."

Bahagya ko siyang nilingon nang hindi na nakayanan ang sobrang katahimikan sa pagitan naming dalawa.

I even took the face towel that's on my shoulder just to fidget my fingers over it. I completely put it down when I got a bit frustrated and nervous.

"I'll eat anything you're cooking."

Pinagkaabalahan niya na ngayon ang pagbabaliktad ng karne na gini-grill ko roon sa electric griller.

And then silence followed once again, with only the sound of the meat sizzling and the scraping of the pan.

Perhaps something happened at work and it changed his mood?

"By the way, give me the receipt of our grocery later." I now closely looked at him and turned off the stove.

Tinapos niya na rin ang ginagawa at pinatay ang electric griller. Now he's on the counter, leaning on the granite nook while he's facing me and giving me all of his attention.

"You don't need to pay me for that. I'll be eating here every breakfast and dinner so you won't need to find someone else to eat with you." His eyes narrowed and his eyebrow slightly quirked up.

Napamaang ako dahil sa sinabi niya.

Teka lang, is this about me mistaking him as Dan awhile ago? And the information that I told him that I share breakfast and dinner with my neighbor?

Wala namang espesyal doon. I'm a morning person and Dan isn't, he's lazy when it comes to making his own breakfast. Sa gabi naman ay pagod na rin ako pag-uwi galing trabaho habang si Dan ay maagang natatapos ang shift kaya nagkasundo kaming mag-share na lang ng nilulutong breakfast at dinner.

We usually share food during weekdays pero kalaunan ay nadamay na rin ang weekend. It's like a convenient and beneficial friendship.

However, Gon looks so serious, like his mood is telling me he won't take that, any bullshits or jokes as of the moment.

But oddly, it doesn't scare me. I mean, I feel thrilled and excited. This is the first time I've felt this kind of temper from him.

So,  if this is what jealousy looks like on him, then it is sinfully sexy.

Kaya imbes na magseryoso dahil sa nararamdamang kaseryosohan rin niya ay gumapang pa ang maliit na ngiti sa labi ko na kalaunan ay naging malapad nang ngiti.

I took steps closer to him and his expression became guarded. I also leaned on the granite nook beside him and he shifted on his weight.

"Are you... jealous?" It almost came out as a whisper with the hint of the smile that's plastered on my lips.

Tuluyan na siyang lumingon sa akin, nakatukod ang isang kamay sa likod ng mismong granite nook na sinasandalan ko. Now it seems like his hands are on my back, almost hugging me.

"Hmm... Yes, I am."

Bahagya akong napasinghap dahil sa agad-agad niyang pag-amin.

I felt something oddly fascinating with his bold declaration. I am a confident woman, I speak what's on my mind, my opinions and my beliefs. But this right here, he is setting a standard for confidence that I'm not used to.

How come he lets his emotion be known without wavering? Because I can never do that easily. Most of the times, when my mind and heart battles, I build up a wall just to run and hide.