Kabanata 34

Catch-up

Everything felt surreal. Hindi ko inakalang gano'n lang kadali naming nakausap ang Don. Like he doesn't even have anything against me to just easily drop off the idea of that engagement that he wanted Gon to commit to for seven years or so.

Kaya habang nakahiga na kaming dalawa ni Gon at naghahanda na sa pagtulog ay hindi pa rin ako dinadalaw ng antok.

"Gon..." I called out to him silently, trying to check if he's already asleep.

I laid on my side and looked at him through the dim lights of my room. Nagkatagpo ang mga mata namin at ginawaran niya agad ako ng marahang ngiti.

"You can't sleep?" his voice is hoarse and it echoed silently throughout my room.

Dumapo ang kamay niya malapit sa mukha ko para alisin ang iilang buhok na sagabal dito. He then tucked some of the strands near my temple behind my ear.

Sumugat agad ang isang ngiti sa mga labi ko.

"I just can't believe that Don Primero has nothing against me being in a relationship with you."

"What is there for Lolo to be against you, Tequila?" he says as if nothing is to be hated about me.

As if I'm... perfect as I am.

I sighed.

"You know I left before. Without even letting Don Primero know."

"Lolo said he understands you Tequila. Your mother... passed away at that time."

I blinked. I could think of so many reasons. Ni hindi ko mahagilap agad ang lahat dahil ang daming rason para hindi ako magustuhan ng pamilya niya.

"I'm the daughter of the c-corrupt Governor," my voice shook.

Umiling siya. His eyes are softly caressing every part of me, as if trying to soothe the pain I inflicted inside my own head.

Para bang hinahaplos ng mga titig niya ang bawat kaibuturan ng pagkatao ko. Including the imperfect parts that I bravely bared to him as well as the parts I never speak about that needed healing.

"The burden of your parents' mistake is not yours to carry, love."

He leans in closer, nudging his nose against mine before placing a reassuring kiss on my lips.

He already calmed me down. But the voices in my head is never giving up, it gave me all the reasons to doubt myself. And I needed to speak it out to him, just so I could let it all go.

"It's not just that. You know how the people in this town paints me as a girl with a bad reputation, Gon. Even your cousin, Alita, tried to tell you that."

"Love, if you'll focus on the imperfects, you'll lose sight of all your perfects," he whispered painstakingly slow as he traced every part of my face with his fingertips.

His fingers touched my hair, down to my forehead, nose, and then lips before it fell down my chin only to lift it up just so he could give me another kiss.

This time, it is a deep, unyielding kiss. His tongue battled with mine and the rest of the night, the painful voices in my head was hushed down and replaced by my pleasured moans.

Sa umaga at pangatlong araw namin sa El Valencia ay nagplano kaming maglibot sa buong lungsod.

Ang una naming pinuntahan ay ang Arena Fina na siyang mas lumaki at nag-improve pa sa nagdaang mga taon.

We are now eating our breakfast in their open restaurant peacefully. Malamig at marahan pa ang simoy ng hangin dahil kakasikat pa lang naman ng araw. But I can predict that later on, the heat wave will impose its extremity.