CHAPTER 12* CONSENT

Start from the beginning

"Where is Sophia and dad?" i asked her shifting my eyes from pasta to my mum.

"Sophia has gone out with James this morning as for him i have no clue as to where he is?" She shrugged.

"Why isn't she home yet? It's been more than six hours!"

"Let her enjoy her life Erica besides we all know how grumpy she is, and she wouldn't want you to care for her."
Mom reminded me of how much Sophia despised me.

"That's true, I should probably mind my own business." i gulped down the pasta.

"By the way mom the boss is going to throw a party tomorrow so can I attend it?" i swirled the spaghetti trying to avoid her gaze.

"Your boss as in Mr Steven Williams?"
She raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, that's him so can I go if you don't mind?" i fidgeted.

"And why is he throwing a party?"
She wiped her face with dinner napkins taking a pause before she finally begins with her second serving of pasta.

"We actually sealed a contract with a billionaire so on that occasion he thought to throw a party!"

"On what grounds should I let you attend the party?" She took a sip of water.

"Because I want to attend it perhaps?"
i avoided her intimidating gaze as i was still unsure of my decision.

"You still want to attend the party after what happened with you at your college farewell?" She crossed her arms around her chest.

"Yeah, I mean why not? Besides it's been ages so let's just ignore that thing for now." i tried to convince her.

"Erica how can you forget it? Did you forget how they treated you?" She raised her pitch.

"Yeah mom I don't remember any of that!" i bluffed.

College was so perfect until the farewell knocked at my door ready to shatter my heart. I was the topper at my college basically a nerd. Every single person at our college used to pay me respect based on my grades.
And one day they summoned me at the party which i wasn't prepared to attend. They lured and coaxed me to the party and pulled a bad prank.

I never imagined that i would get trapped into a dark Abyss. They drugged my drink and made me confess my love to my one and only beloved senior. I didn't want to confess my love but still they made me do it. And i wasn't aware that he had a girlfriend, and unfortunately somehow she got to know about my love and she slapped me hard in the face. And then she used to make me run errands for her.

One day she bullied me to that extent that my glasses were broke and I was a laughing stock infront of the whole university. Before she could expose my love for her boyfriend one guy came in and saved me and vanished just like Damon from the vampire diaries. Unfortunately I couldn't see his face as my glasses were broke and i couldn't see without them.

I could only see his black jacket other than that i couldn't see a single thing. I have no idea if he was a vampire or an angel who was sent by God from the heaven. I tried to search for him several times but i just couldn't get a hold of him and then i lost track of him. He definitely was an enigmatic guy. That incident still haunts me in such a way that i have to go through nightmares one day or the other.

And after that incident my mom wouldn't let me attend any parties. She is possesive of me and i know she wants the best for me but this isn't how the world works.you don't always get your way. Nevertheless I gotta try one more time to convince her.

"Mom please I beg of you, don't you want me to be happy?" i asked her in a melancholic way.

"Erica it's not like that, I am your mom honey i would only want the best for you what if history repeats itself?"
She demanded an answer.

"Mom why would the history repeat itself? besides i am no longer the nerd i used to be remember?" i assured her.

"Sweetheart I don't want to break your heart but i just can't stop worrying about you!" She frowned in melancholy.

"Mom I promise you i am responsible enough to look after myself and besides if anything goes wrong i have got a bestie who would never let that happen." i reassured her.

"Fine! You can attend the party but you are going to give me updates whenever you can, you got that?"

"Yes, mom I will update you whenever i can!" i nodded.

"Do you need some money to shop?"
She asked as she slurped the spaghetti.

"Yeah, I mean if you don't mind giving me some dollars." i was flustered afterall i am twenty four years old and i am still broke. And my first payment was yet to come. So for now i had no one but mom to rely on.

"Sure, you can take some dollars from my sliver clutch which is kept in my room." She signalled me where the money was kept.

"Thank you so much mum, I knew you would say yes." i got up and approached mum to give her a warm hug from my side.

"Come on babygirl don't be such a drama queen! And let me tell you, you gotta stop watching those melodrama shows that features on Netflix." She tapped on my shoulders reminding me i need to stop being such a dramatic bee.

"Haha sure thing, but mom that applies to you as well you gotta stop watching 365 days! Afterall it is having a massive impact on you in a cheesy way. "

"Shu-hhhh! tone down your voice, someone might hear it!" She signalled me to shut up.

"Umm ok I guess? But mom no one is here except me and you!" Mom is definitely having a big impact from watching 365 days in a crazy way.

"Babygirl walls have ears too! haven't you heard of it?" She shrugged.

"Yeah I have heard of it, also babygirl is too cheesy for me I'll go with Erica for now!"

"Alright suit yourself! And just so you know i am going to watch 365 days again!" She told me indirectly that no one can stop her from fantasizing Massimo. Mom is hilarious for sure.
But finally I achieved what I wanted, the ticket to party. Convincing mom is nearly impossible.

It sure took alot of efforts. Now I can finally sleep in peace. Ofcourse watching one more episode of the vampire diaries although i know one episode of it is never enough so i'll be binging the vampire diaries whole night and then wake up with owl eyes.