🕸 21. The reveal 🕸

TW: Bullying

Peter walked back into the tower and up the elevator.
"Hey Pete? Are you okay?"
"I don't know but talking to her alone really helped"
"Good to hear" Tony said and gave his son a hug. Peter hugged back and they stood there in silence, embracing each other for another minute before letting go.

"Thanks dad, I'll be heading to bed now" the spider said and went into his room and sat down, doing some assignments and homework for school as he went to school every second day to get time to settle in in his new home, but he had the homework the others did for the rest of the days. He was starting at school full time again next week, and fortunately his grades hadn't been affected. He did the homework and was almost finished when Karen alerted him that everyone else was deep asleep.

He took on his suit and jumped out of the window, he swung around Queens and stopped some crime, a couple of muggings and a failed robbery. He swung home again at 3:26 and fell quickly asleep after changing back into his pajamas.

After going back to school, his life was almost normal again, even though he was still sad about losing May it was better than before. He had also become really close with MJ, he didn't even need to tell her he was Spider-Man, she had just figured it out. He had decided to tell MJ that he was adopted by Tony Stark, which Ned almost couldn't shut up about, but to Peters surprise, Ned had managed not to leak that he was Peter Parker-Stark. After a couple of weeks Peter had decided to change his last name from Parker to Parker-Stark, but Tony had agreed for him to keep it a secret.

"Hey MJ" the spider said walking up to the girl that had her nose in a book. "Hey" she said without looking up from her book.
"Anything new in your life MJ?" He asked and MJ looked up from her book for once. "Yeah actually I have applied to be the personal intern of Pepper Potts, I wont get accepted but it's cool anyway"
"You want me to put a good word in for you? You know, I'm-" Peter said but MJ interrupted him. "I know you're the personal intern of Tony Stark, Ned told me, and no, I want to earn this by myself"
"Alright, when are you getting a reply?" the boy asked and got ready to go to class.
"Later today" the girl said following the spider into their classroom.

It was the end of the school when MJ got a reply, she almost screamed in happiness, but contained it and instead gave Peter a hug, the boy blushed a bit and MJ was quickly back to her senses. "Sorry, but I got accepted!" She said in a more calm tone but still excited and Peter joined in on the excitement. "Awesome! I knew you would get accepted, when is it?"
"In an hour" the girl replied with a rare smile on her face.

"Okay, then we can walk together"
"But you don't have your internship today?" MJ said rising an eyebrow. Peter was about to tell her that he lived there when Flash interrupted. Flash' bullying had faded a bit after his aunts death, but he was still very annoying, luckily he stayed away from the orphan jokes.

"Hey nerds!" He yelled as he go closer to the two of them. He looked around after the third nerd, "where's fatso?"
MJ shrugged, "sorry, I haven't seen your mom anywhere, but of course she's in high school, if she was smart she would've disowned you" the girl said with her neutral expression and Flash opened and closed his mouth, unable to find words. "You guys are just jealous because I just into an internship at SI and Penis here didn't" he bragged and the two 'nerds' gasped in shock.

"You probably cheated Trash" MJ said and Flash laughed. "And so if I did? Nobody can prove anything" he laughed and grabbed Peter before shoving him into the lockers, then he walked away. The girl helped her friend get up and started walking away to get to Stark Towers.

They both arrived and met the receptionist. "Hello Pete, who is your friend?" Gwen said and waved at them both. "MJ, I'm Pepper Potts new personal intern"
"Oh okay, let me just check it" Gwen said and typed something into her computer. "I'm sorry but you'll have to leave, faking a personal internship may get you banished from the premises forever" the blonde said in a strict tone.

"Look up Michelle Jones then, MJ is just the short version"
"Oh okay" Gwen said and typed something in her computer, then she got up and left, soon after coming back with a Level 7 badge.
"Here you go, this should give you access to anywhere Mrs Potts may want you to be"
"Thank you Gwen" MJ said looking at the badge on Gwens shirt.

Both Peter and MJ got into the elevator together and asked FRIDAY to take them to whatever floor Pepper was on. They arrived and went around the floor until they found Pepper... talking to the one and only Flash.

"Hey Pepper, that girl was very rude to me earlier" Flash said and pointed at MJ, as soon as Pepper had turned around he smiled a shit eating grin. Pepper shot MJ a judgmental look and looked at her badge. "I can't have a bully as an intern, we don't tolerate violence"
"With all due respect Mrs Potts, he was bullying my friend and I just stood up for him" MJ replied and Flash was quick to retaliate "she's lying!" He cried out and Pepper looked more angry "we don't tolerate lying either" she said and began gesturing for MJ to leave.

"What about my friend that guy had been bullying for years? Flash literally called us both loser and shoved Pete into a locker" MJ yelled back and Flash snorted "who? Puny Penis Parker!? He deserved that!" Flash said and now Pepper looked at him. "Who?"
"Just some nerd called Peter Parker, he's a loser and he's lying about being the personal intern of Tony Stark" Flash laughed and Peter stepped up beside MJ. "MJ is telling the truth" he said pointing at his friend and Pepper looked furious.

"YOU'VE BEEN BULLYING MY- TONYS INTERN!?" She yelled and Flash looked scared. "You're fired Eugene, and he is the personal intern of Tony Stark. Now leave." she said and Flash ran out of the building shooting a death glare at the two friends.

"I'm sorry about that Michelle, I should've listened to both parts" Pepper said and then shot a glare at Peter. "And you Pete, do you have anything to tell me and your dad about?"

"I uhhh, I'm Spider-Man??"

He said as a 'joke', knowing that Pepper wouldn't believe him without any proof. "Very funny Pete, you've been bullied for years and never told me, Nat or your dad!?"
"Well, since aunt May passed he hasn't been doing that much, just some dumb comments and stuff"
"Oh okay, well are you sure you're alright?"
"Yeah I'm fine, thanks" Peter said and MJ had been looking at them both.

"What is the relationship between you two?" MJ asked and Peter answered. "Yeah, so she adopted me and has 25% custody, Tony has 50% and Nat has the other 25%"
"Ok cool, what do you call them?"
"I call Tony dad, Pepper for mom and Nat for Mama Spider"

"Hey Pete, can you go upstairs and hang out with some of the others while I show my new intern around and tell her, her tasks?"
"Okay mom" Peter replied and said bye to MJ, before heading into the elevator. He had told MJ about being a Stark now and now he could invite both her and Ned to sleepovers.

~1342