Chapter 37 ~ Her Wrath

"I don't really understand what you want from me, want from us ? Why the hell you are behind us?" Panchali nearly wanted to slap her sister now. Why was her sister interfering in their life everytime. That day, she was sad and disappointed to know that her sister was dead in the fire, and now she regretted forgiving and embracing her. She always considered her inferior and low, tried to kill her several times. 

"Don't act innocent sister! Do you even have an idea of what you have snatched from me?" Ruchi's eyes began to turn moist as she tried to remember. Panchali was confused. 

"First of all, you took away Arjun, who I wanted to spend my whole life with! And then, because you two, my mother died." She said leaving Panchali shocked, "Maa died?" 

"Yes! After we had escaped, we wondered here and there in the mids of forest, jungle and several towns for many months! Due to which Mata lost her ability to live, and she died of starvation. I too was about to face the same situation, but thanks to my good luck, I met SindhuRaj Jaydrath. He was the one to rescue me from the starvation and he even offered me to become his queen and the queen of whole kingdom of Sindhu. And that was the day when I realised what love is! I started loving him. I forgot everything, Arjun, Mata, You, everything while staying with him. It was all going well and sweet, until you killed my husband!" Ruchi said and now her eyes were bloodshot red. 

"That's because that womanizer misbehaved with Panchali." Malini replied calmly. 

"I don't know anything! The only thing I know is that I will kill her peice by peice and make her die a dreadful death! After this, Arjun too will go hit his head on some rock and leave the world." She smirked and continued, "And when the backbone of the building is not present, then the building is destined to fall! It will be easy to kill Yudhishthir and his other brothers then. And I will also kill their children, so no heir will be left and whole of Indraprastha will be mine! And then I will end my false partnership with Duryodhan and Gandharraj and will conquer the whole Hastinapura! That's what my mother had wished for and I shall fulfill my mother's remaining wishes!" She said and took out the sword from her waistband. 

But before she could attack, she felt a sharp pain on the side of her neck. She looked sidewards only to see the hot red liquid oozing from her neck and travelling down further to her chest and shoulder. 

In no moment she fell on the ground with a thud. 

Duryodhan smirked as he removed the knife out of her neck and looked at the blood which made it's way down the knife's greyish blade. 

"What did you do Mere Bacche?" Shakuni quickly limped towards them. "She is of no use now Mamashree, she cheated on us!" His eyes turned red in anger as he stabbed her neck once more and kicked her stomach, "It's good that she's dead now." He smirked. 

Their gaze then shifted to Panchali and Malini. 

"And I had instructed you to come down. Didn't I?" He pointed out his finger towards Draupadi who just stood there firmly without any expression while Malini was trembling under his gaze. 

"Malini, go from here." She whispered looking at her best friend who got surprised, "No! How can I leave you with these... No!" Malini whispered back. 

"Malini, please!" Draupadi pleaded making Malini leave silently. 

The duo saw her leaving but cared the least. They thought that she is a mere woman from the towan so let her go. 

"Yes! So what were you telling? That you had instructed me to get down?! Isn't it? But who the hell are you to instruct me?! Only my husband can instruct me, and no one else!" She roared in anger and for a moment they both got freezed. Of course, she was not Rajkumari Panchali of Panchal whom they consider inferior, she was a strong lady, her eyes spoke bravery as she got hold of a sword kept on the desk beside her and pointed it's tip on their direction. 

"Don't speak much Panchali! Yudhishthir has staked you and now you are my slave! You don't have any other option, just accept it!" Duryodhan roared as he took out his sword too. 

"Not Panchali, call me Rajkumari Draupadi! And Maharaj Yudhishthir doesn't have any right to put me on stake, I am a human being, not a toy! I have my own self respect and character! And I, Draupadi, doesn't accept myself as your slave!" She roared back. 

Their swords clashed. Both of them had nothing except hatred for each other in their eyes. 

This time, Draupadi easily got an upper hand over Duryodhan as she made a deep cut on his waist. Duryodhan dogged her next attempt and attacked on her shoulder, making the blood ooze out. 

With the passing time , both of them had cuts and wounds on several parts of their body but Draupadi was not the one to give up, after all she was Arjun's student. 

"Just leave from here Duryodhan, otherwise you too will have to suffer the same faith as Jaydrath." She said angrily making him chuckle, "That guy was fighting you weaponless, but ses, now we both are equal." 

Draupadi felt a sharp pain passing through her lower abdomen. Oh No! She was on menstruation, how can she forget it?! 

She cursed herself badly for this. But no, she has to fight Duryodhan! With all her energy left she tried to attack Duryodhan but suddenly fell down on her knees and Shakuni his leg on her lehenga. He smirked at her. How can he stay silent to witness this woman slaying her son like nephew dead? 

Duryodhan was about to stab her with the sword, seeing the correct opportunity. But a hand stopped him. 

A/N: 

A/N: 

Just one more chapter is left for this book to be finished. 😔

I don't know, but it feels nostalgic to read my own book again and again. I am still not satisfied, but every story has an end. 

Pls vote and comment guys!