Chapter 12 ~ Confession

"Arjun?" 

Everyone fixed their gaze on Draupadi as they heard her mutter. 

Happy tears streamed down their cheecks and they hugged each other in joy. 

Arjun caressed her forehead lovingly, "Krishnaa?" 

She slowly opened her eyes and in  no moment she lost herself in those lovely honey coloured eyes which were gazing at her with pure love and concern. 

She tried to stand but Arjun made her sit down, her back touching the tree bark as she leaned against the tree. 

"Are you fine daughter?" Kunti asked caressing her cheecks. Draupadi nodded her head in positive. 

"Draupadi you really scared us you know!" Satya said wiping her remaining tears and a happy smile bloomed on her face. 

"I don't know how to thank you all for saving my life!" She said as her eyes started tearing up. She didn't knew what would have happened to her if they were not present in Panchal. 

Rukmini wiped her tears, "Don't waste these precious tears Draupadi. And Arjun and Arya are the right people to receive your thanks. Arjun had literally brought you out of the fire not caring even a heed about himself."

Panchali looked at Arjun who passed her a small smile. 

"And thanks to Arya that he found out the shrub at the right time." Satya said. 

"Thank you Govind." Draupadi whispered to Krishna. 

"Now we have to arrange everything for staying here tonight and we should also bring out chariots to depart tomorrow." Bheem said. 

"Yes Bhrata, Me, Rukmini, Satya, Devika bhabhi and Valandhara bhabhi will make the arrangements while you, Bhrata Yudhishthir and Nakul-Sahdev bring the chariots." Krishna said. "And let Arjun stay with Draupadi, afterall they need some personal space." He added mischievously making the love birds blush. 

"And I will go make something to eat for everyone." Kunti said and everyone left leaving Arjun and Draupadi alone. 

As soon as they left, Arjun quickly took Draupadi in a bone crushing hug making her gasp. 

They stayed there for sometime in each other's embrace, she could feel her shoulder getting wet. She caressed his back while keeping her chin on his shoulder. 

She knew that he was crying. She ruffled his hairs to console him. She let him cry, she let him vent out all his emotions, she knew that all of the sudden tragedy might have shook him. 

People say that men don't cry. But why not? Afterall, they too are humans just like everyone on the earth. They too carry a huge weight of their family, their career and their children on their shoulders. They too face ups and downs in their lives and it is no miracle if a man cried to vent out all his sorrows and pain. Draupadi unlike other females, understood it very well. 

After sometime he broke the hug, his heart felt a bit light. Draupadi looked at his tear strained cheecks. She wiped his tears with her fingers. 

"Do you know how much I was worried about you when I heard that the possibility of you being alive was very less Krishnaa?" He said looking at the grass. 

He took her palm in his and brought it closer to his lips. He pecked her palm gently and took her in his embrace. Her head rested on his chest while his hands were wrapped around her back. 

"I never told this to you Krishnaa, but I love you! Yes, I love you so much! When I you in the fire today, my heart grew crazy a million times at the mere thought of losing you!" He sobbed. 

"Please don't leave me Krishnaa, please please please never leave me my princess. I would be nothing but a living corpse without you!" He said which had Draupadi tearing up. But she has to be strong. 

She looked up at him, "I will never leave you Arjun. And I love you too! I had loved you, still love you, and will always love you till eternity. Your Krishnaa is only yours, she will never leave you." She confessed. 

They both wiped each other's tears and giggled. 

But her breath hitched when Arjun brought his face closer to hers. She remembered when he had kissed her for the first time. She blushed remembering the moment. He inched his lips closer to hers and without thinking twice took her lips in his. The kiss was full of love and the bliss of togetherness. She curled her toes at the intensity of the kiss. But this time, Draupadi too kissed back with the same intensity and passion. Arjun sucked her lower lip which had her moan. After what felt like eternity, they broke the kiss and looked at each other with pure love unlike the previous time. 

They stayed in each other's embrace peacefully gazing at the stars. 

"So are you ready to be my better half Krishnaa? Will you marry me?" He asked. 

"I am your better half Arjun. Marriage is just a ritual to make things official. I want to be yours Arjun. I am ready to marry you." She said which had him smile.

"You were mine the very first time I saw you dear." 

A/N: 

A/N: 

Firstly, sorry for a small update but the next update will start a new chapter in their lives. Guess what will happen? 

And one more thing, the next chapter is the last chapter of Part I of this book. It would be updated by evening or tomorrow morning. Then then I would take a short break of around 1 week before starting Part II. Don't worry, I would update the prologue of Part II. Hope you all will bear with me.

And did all you like the chapter? 

If yes, them please vote and comment. ❤️❤️