Chapter 11 ~ In her longing

"Is she fine Nakul - Sahdev?" Arjun asked, concern lacing his voice. With every passing moment, his heart grew more and more anxious in the fear of losing her.

His heart twisted painfully when he heard Sahdev say, "We are sorry Bhrata, but the wounds are severe and there is very less possibility of her staying alive. We cannot predict anything, only the time can tell." 

"What? Why?! You both are RajVaidyas, you have to do something!" Arjun said stubbornly. No, she cannot leave him! He cannot afford to lose her! 

Satya placed a hand on his shoulder, "Calm down Arjun. Nothing will happen to her. We will find a way out." 

"Bhrata, now only a special shrub can treat her. And currently that shrub is not available with us. We have to find that shrub as soon as possible." Nakul said. 

"I will go and find that shrub. You all stay here." Arjun said standing up. 

"No bhrata! It's not a normal shrub. I guess you all might never have seen it! Let me, Sahdev and Vasudev go and bring it."  Nakul suggested. 

"But..."

"No buts bhrata, plus Draupadi needs you all. So please stay here with Bhabhishrees and Mata. We don't have time, we need to hurry!" Sahdev said. 

"Don't worry Parth, we won't return without finding the shrub. You stay here with Draupadi." Krishna assured him and the trio left in the search of that special 'Shrub'. 

Arjun sadly sat down beside Draupadi and took her palm in his. 

"Mata I want to tell you something" he said looking at Kunti then at Draupadi, "I know my son, that you love her." Kunti smiled sadly. She knew that her son would be surprised, "I know everything Arjun. Afterall, I am your mother." She said. 

Tears streamed down his cheecks as Kunti embraced him and caressed his hair like he was a toddler, "Don't worry Phalgun, she will be fine." She assured him.

'Hey Lord Rudra, please save my to be daughter in law.' Kunti prayed internally. 

"By the way Arjun, why did Ruchi plan it all?" Satya asked and Arjun narrated everything that had happened from scratch. Everyone were shocked and numb to react after listening to him. The mother daughter duo who had done their welcome so respectfully, whom they had considered the good friends of Indraprastha would do such a sin. 

"Such a heartless creature is that old woman and her witch like daughter! It's good that they died in the fire itself!" Satya cursed. 

Time was flying and there were no whereabouts of Nakul, Sahdev and Krishna. Devika and Valandhara kept checking whether they arrived or not while the four were with Draupadi. 

"Please come soon Madhav." Arjun whispered. He was sweating due to anxiousness and nervousness while never ending tears streamed down his cheecks. 

Kunti, Satya and Rukmini tried to console and assure him but nothing was working on him as time passed by. Soon they noticed her body turning blue.

Arjun clutched her palm tightly and shouted, "Get up Draupadi! Open your eyes! You cannot leave me! You have to open your eyes, atleast for me!" Kunti and Rukmini held his shoulders to calm him down. 

"Or else... Or else... Even I will leave this world with you!" He screamed shocking them all. 

"Arjun! You cannot do that!" Kunti sobbed, "No Mata, my life is worthless without her. I fell for her the very first time I saw her. But I failed to recognise my feelings. I didn't ever confess my love for her. But that doesn't mean that I don't love her! I had always loved her, still love her and will always love her till the end of time!" 

Her body had now turned completely blue and her breaths slowed down, "Draupadi, if I have ever hurt you or done a mistake, then please shout at me, slap me, kick me but please don't be silent dear! You silence scares me the most!" He sobbed hiding his face in her palm. 

"Please, please, please wake up my princess!" He cried. 

Kunti stared at him sadly. She never saw her son in such a broken and vulnerable condition. Satya too started crying, it's true that she always teases and troubles Arjun, but at the end of the day she cannot see her best friend sad and broken. 

"Bhrata!" 

Everyone lifted their eyes to see Nakul, Sahdev and Krishna with an excited face. Krishna had found the magical shrub. 

It was a lotus flower which was only found in the 'Sarvodyaya' pond located at the hill side. It was pure white with a special glow added to it. It blossomed at night and was pure and divine. It could heal all kinds of wounds and diseases. 

Nakul and Sahdev quickly made a paste out of it and fed it to Draupadi

Nakul and Sahdev quickly made a paste out of it and fed it to Draupadi. In a matter of minutes, her skin came to it's original color. Krishna kept his hand on her forehead making the wounds heal to several extent. 

"Bhrata, now she is out of danger. She will get consciousness in few minutes. All thanks to Vasudev for finding this divine flower!" Nakul said. 

Arjun hugged his Madhav tightly, "Thank you Madhav!" 

Krishna smiled and patted his Sakha's shoulder. 

Suddenly Arjun felt her hand moving in his and noticed her lips quivering. 

.

.

"Arjun?" 

A/N: 

So finally Draupadi is saved! 

Did you all enjoyed this chapter? If yes, then please vote and comment.