Chapter 9 ~ Knowing the Truth

Arjun and Draupadi reached the peak only to realise that they were the first ones to get the blessings of Vaishno Devi. 

"Arjun, now put me down." Draupadi said looking at him, although her heart wanted her to be in his arms for forever. 

"But you have hurt yourself." He argued. 

"What if someone will see us like this?" 

"No one lives here." 

Soon, the rest groups too approached. 

"Arjun and Draupadi are the winners! But Sakhi, what happened to your foot?" Krishna asked looking at her bandaged foot.

"She hurt herself." Arjun said. 

"So Arjun, you were carrying her in your arms throughout the way?" Satya asked teasingly. 

"Yes" 

"It might have been painful right?" 

"Painful? I am ready to carry her throughout my lif-" he realised what he was about to say. He cleared his throat, "I meant that I am ready to carry her throughout the way down." 

Everyone chuckled and Draupadi blushed like she has consumed a bunch of tomatoes. 

On the other hand, Ruchi gritted her teeth watching her younger sister in her beloved 's arms. "I hate you Draupadi! You have snatched my Arjun from me... Just see what I am gonna do now. Arjun is mine, only mine!" She muttered under her breath. 

Just like the other days, Arjun too stood against the balcony, his folded hands resting on the grill while his chin resting on his hands. He gazed at the stars with a never ending smile on his face. He recalled each and every moment spent with his- I mean Draupadi.

His heart was still asking him only one question, 'Is it love?' 

The chain broken when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Madhav?" He turned around.

"Lost in Sakhi's thoughts Parth?" Krishna asked naughtily. 

"What's hidden from you Madhav?"

"Okay Parth now tell me what did you two do throughout the trip?" Krishna asked.

"What do you mean Madhav?" Arjun blushed reminiscing their first kiss. 

"Don't act innocent Parth. You and Sakhi are behaving weirdly since we reached back. You both are not talking to each other. Did she say something to you?" 

"Actually Madhav..." Arjun narrated the whole story to his best friend who screamed loudly, "You kissed her Arjun? Like literally?" 

"Madhav calm down!" Arjun asked looking here and there to see if anyone else had heard it too.