Chapter 36 ~ Dharma or Love?

Arjun stared at his eldest brother unbelievably. He had utter hatred and disgust in his eyes for the first time for the very brother whom he used to respect so much, who was everything to the brothers after the death of their father. 

He... He.. let his wife be staked? 

Why?! Why! Why the hell he didn't oppose when Duryodhan asked him to stake Panchali?!

Other princess were not present at this moment, but that doesn't mean that his brother will let his wife be staked! No! It's not true! This can't happen! 

Yudhishthir was so overcome by shame that he was unable to meet his gaze with any of his brothers, especially Arjun. He was not able to face him after this. 

Panchali was a sister figure to him, but again he was overcome by his foolishness, he let her be staked, for the sake of his so called Dharma. 

Arjun snapped his gaze towards Yudhishthir while fuming in anger. 

"Why Jyesth?! Why? Why did you do this to me?! Why the hell did you let this happen?! Is your Dharma more important than my Krishnaa Maharaj Yudhishthir?! Answer me!!" He almost roared at on his brother in anger and endless tears were streaming down his cheecks. Yudhishthir felt a pang in his heart upon hearing the word 'Maharaj'. He kept his head low. 

"She was my wife Maharaj... My Krishnaa... The sole reason for why I am alive today! Didn't you know this?! You don't have any right to let her be staked! Did you once ask for my choice or permission before letting her he staked?! Answer me Maharaj! Why are you quiet now?! We brothers, tried to explain you a multiple times on the very day when we got the invitation letter, that this is all a trap! But you were so keen on following your Dharma! Staking your brother's wife, who is like a sister figure to you, is this your Dharma Maharaj Yudhishthir?! Indeed, it was my fault, my mistake, that I followed you blindly! I shouldn't have, I shouldn't!" He burst out into uncontrollable tears and rest of his brothers looked at him helplessly. 

"Stop this drama Arjun! Now Panchali is my slave! She is nothing more than a slave to me! Dushashan, go and bring her to me!" Duryodhan roared. 

"Duryodhan! You have snatched everything from us! Atleast leave Panchali, she is innocent." Yudhishthir tried to say but that was cut of by Duryodhan 's laughter. 

"Innocent! Hahaha! That b*at is innocent! Wow!" He turned angry all of a sudden, "I still didn't forget the insult that she gave to me that day Maharaj Yudhishthir. She has put a huge kalank on my character! I will take my revenge from her. Dushashan, go and bring her over here! And if she doesn't come by herself, then drag her by her hairs." He ordered Dushashan. 

"Duryodhan!!!" Arjun roared in anger getting up from the floor. 

"That's how slaves should be treated my dear Arjun." Duryodhan gave a sarcastic chuckle. 

"As you say Bhratashree. I will bring her down to your feet in a matter of seconds." Dushasan said who was carrying an evil smirk on his face. Finally, he will get the chance to touch the beautiful Panchal Princess to his fullest. 

"Dushashan!! Dare you even touch her, I will slit your throat! I will tear you apart into pieces!" Arjun warned Dushashan who carried on the same look, as if completely unaffected by his words. 

"You can't do anything Arjun! You are our slave, and will you go against your Jyesth's descision? Huh! Answer me?!" Shakuni again hit at his weak point making the two brothers look at each other. 

Arjun gritted his teeth. Although right now, he hated his Jyesth, but it was his duty to follow him. To abide his words, and go on the path of Dharma. His jaw clenched and his hands fisted into a fist, he knew he cannot do anything!