Chapter 6 ~ The Dinner and Promise

The couches started blowing indicating the arrival of Kunti and Shri Krishna along with his wives Rukmini and Satyabhama. 

"Dwarikadheesh Shri Krishn ki" 

"Jai!" 

The hails were were heard from every nook and corner of the city. Entire Panchal was decorated like a new bride. And why wouldn't it be? Afterall, the creater of Dwaraka, Vasudev Shri Krishna has himself arrived in Panchal. 

They all got down the chariot. 

Draupadi rotated the aarti plate around Krishna and put a tilak on his forehead. 

"Sakha?" She smiled meeting him the second time.

"Nice to meet you again Sakhi" He smiled at her. 

"So you both know each other?" They both turned to look at a surprised Arjun.

"Yes Parth."

"Parth?" Draupadi looked at Arjun then back at Krishna.

"But he is Arjun." She said.

"Parth? You didn't even introduce yourself properly to her. Damn! You both are still in the first stage? Arjun, I thought you might have proposed her now." Krishna said swinging his head from right to left.

"Madhav!" Arjun gave a death glare to him. 

"I didn't understand Sakha! Who will propose whom?.." Draupadi looked clearly confused. 

"No nothing Draupadi. You know, your sakha talks in riddles!" Arjun chuckled.

Draupadi smiled and did Kunti's welcome. She touched her feet to take her blessings. Kunti held her shoulders and made her stand up.

She cupped her cheecks and looked at her lovingly. She never saw anyone as beautiful as her. 

"Always stay happy dear!" She blessed her. 

Her internal self wished for having her in the form of her daughter -in -law. 

'Tathastu' 

Krishna blessed internally. 

She welcomed Rukmini and Satyabhama who hugged her like she was their own sister. 

"I hope Arjun is not disturbing you much. Don't mind, but the peaceful environment becomes shaggy with his irritating voice." Satya teased Arjun to which Draupadi chuckled. 

Arjun was about to say something but everyone shifted their attention to Kalyani.

"Rajmata Kunti, we will let all the children go for a trip in the hills tomorrow while I have to talk something very important to you" Kalyani said sweetly.

"It's a very nice idea Mata!" Ruchi said winking at Kalyani.

"Okay then Rajmata Kunti. Let them go to the Vaishno hills tomorrow. Ruchi is there for showing them the way." Kalyani said making Kunti nod in agreement.

Arjun sighed.

'What was the need for Ruchi to come with them?'