Chapter 14 ~ A new beginning

Her eyes were closed and palms joined in a 'namashkar'  as she kept chanting the mantra, sitting in front of the idol of her Krishna. She opened her eyes slowly when she was done. She offered the pot full of butter as prasad to the idol. 

But her breath hitched as she felt the familiar fragrance of musk and forest around her. It didn't take Draupadi long to recognise the presence of her dear and naughty husband. 

She quickly turned around to face him. His heart skipped a beat as he saw her. She was dressed in a beautiful pair of red lehenga and the golden accessories just increased her beauty. 

She looked pure and divine, just like some goddess descended down from heaven, just for him. She passed a shy smile to him as his gaze kept her captivated.

"Good Morning Wifeyy!" Arjun whispered in her ears as he wrapped his muscular arms around slim body

"Good Morning Wifeyy!" Arjun whispered in her ears as he wrapped his muscular arms around slim body. His gaze shifted to the pot of butter offered as prasad to Krishna.

"Offered all the butter to Madhav, huh? What about me?" He whinned dramatically making her chuckle. 

"I will distribute the prasad. But I think you should have a bath first." She said.

"That's okay Krishnaa, the mind should be pure." He objected making her chuckle harder. 

"Okay okay, now let me give it to you first." He smiled as he left her. She went towards the aarti thaal and he followed her. She rotated the plate around him. She put a tilak on his forehead. He dipped his fingers in the same bowl of kumkum, taking a pinch of it and applied it in between her hair partition. 

"I want to do this everyday Krishnaa." He said making her smile. 

He kept his hand above the flame for a fraction of seconds and then kept it above her forehead. "May God always keep you happy and healthy like this." He prayed. She smiled weakly. He asked everything for herself but nothing for himself. 

"Arya, ask something for yourself too!" She said. "Your happiness is my happiness Krishnaa. If you are happy then I am happy, but if you are not, then I too am in no good mood. You are me and I am you. We both are one dear." He caressed her head. 

She bent down to touch his feet but before she could he stopped her by holding her shoulders. He made her stand, "There's no need for you to do this." 

"But why Arya? You are my husband." She objected. "I know but by touching my feet you are trying to prove that I am superior to you but the truth is that we are one Krishnaa. I don't believe in these rituals Krishnaa. God has created man and woman with the thought of balancing this world but there's no mention that men are superior to women." He explained. 

"You know Arjun, sometimes you talk like Govind!" She said making him chuckle. 

"Now go have a bath Arya, aren't you getting late for the sabha?" She asked. "Yes Krishnaa, and I forgot to tell you an important thing, we will be heading to Hastinapur tomorrow. Tatshree has called us." He said getting serious.