Chapter 20 ~ Devi Parvati

After their cute session, Arjun made Draupadi sleep. He was caressing her forehead lovingly until he heard a knock on the door. 

"Please come inside" He called out. 

"Pranipat Rajkumar. Yadav kumari Subhadra wishes to meet you." The handmaiden said coming inside. 

"Tell her that I will be coming in few minutes." 

"Ji Rajkumar." 

"I will soon be back love." He placed a kiss on her forehead and left the chamber. 

Subhadra was in her chamber pacing back and forth fidgeting with her saree

Subhadra was in her chamber pacing back and forth fidgeting with her saree. Will Arjun accept her? Will she get a chance to be his? 

Her chain of thoughts were broken as Arjun entered her chamber. 

"Rajkumari? You called me?" He asked making her face him. 

"Please sit Rajkumar. I want to say something." She said sitting on the couch. Arjun sat opposite to her. 

"Rajkumar, since childhood I have been hearing about your strength and valour and wanted to meet you. And you have fulfilled that wish of mine. To be honest, I am truly smitten by you. Your presence makes me feel better. I feel butterflies in my stomach everytime I see you. I have never felt this before. Therefore, I want to be yours Rajkumar Arjun. I want to spend my whole life with you. I love you. I want to be called your wife. Please accept me." She said opening up her heart to him. 

But she was surprised to see Arjun in the same expression as before. 

An awkward silence formed between them until Arjun began, "I respect your feelings Devi Subhadra. But I am sorry. I cannot accept you." 

"But why?" 

"Because a woman has already taken hold of the reins of my heart and that woman is none other than my wife Draupadi." He said calmly. 

"I don't want to take her place Rajkumar. I just want to be called as your wife." 

"I am sorry Rajkumari. There is only one and only one woman whom I can call my wife. She is my beginning and she is my end. She is my strength and she is also my weakness. She is my everything.  I cannot love anyone except her Rajkumari. I cannot even provide you the bliss of an heir." He said. 

She sighed finally, "You love her a lot right? Well, I am happy with your answers." 

Arjun frowned not understanding her. 

Subhadra smiled. A divine light came out through her body making her shimmer. Thus, Devi Parvati came to her real form. Her one hand holding lotus, then other one trishul, the others holding the Vedas, weapons etc. She was looking divine mounted on a lion. 

Arjun joined is hands in front of the divine goddesses, "Who are you Devi?" 

"I am Shakti Parth. I am the one who created this universe. I am the strength of Shiva, Adi Para Shakti. And I am immensely happy with your decision. You choose your love over everything. Therefore, with great happiness I say that you passed this test." 

"Test?" 

"Yes Parth. I came over here to test you." 

"But you could have directly tested me Mata. Why did you take the pain of taking a human incarnation?" 

"Because I am there to help you Arjun. You must realize who you really are and what's your purpose on earth." 

"Who am I Devi?" He questioned. 

"You will realise it when the correct time comes Parth. Now listen carefully, not everyone seems to be happy with your happiness. Many people like Duryodhan are building up a web of conspiracies for you." 

"I know that very well Mata." He said as his jaw clenched. Those bastards have set their eyes on his dear Krishnaa. 

"And you may not always be there to protect Draupadi." She said. 

"Draupadi too has the valour to protect herself, but it's just that she doesn't know who she is." She said, " I am happy that you passed your very first test Arjun, the test of love." 

"Me and my brother Krishna will always be there to help you both. Now take your decision and do what you should do right now." Parvati said and came back in her human form. 

Arjun knew what he had to do now. Obviously, train her with the weapons.

"So you don't love me right?" Arjun asked playfully making Subhadra chuckle, "No!" 

But he suddenly turned serious as realisation dawned upon him, "But.. what about Duryodhan? He is trying to impress Balram Dau so that he can get your hand in marriage. And if that happens..." 

"It will never happen." She smiled. 

"How do you know?" 

"Just have faith in Narayan Arjun, he will not let anything happen." She smiled and left. 

A/N:

A/N:

Yeah I know it was a very short update but now it's revealed that Arjun will not marry Subhadra. 

Here are some important points that you should note- 

• There will be a timeskip in the next chapter. 

• This is a short story and the book will end after the Dyut sabha. There are hardly 10 chapters left now. 

And I am thinking not to include bedroom scene before pregnancy. But in case if you want it also to be included then you are free to tell 😊

Pls vote and comment