Chapter 17 ~ Dwaraka

The counches started blowing announcing the arrival of Royal family of Indraprastha and Hastinapura in Dwaraka. The citizens didn't leave any stone unturned in the welcome ceremony of the close families. The pathway from the outskirts to the palace were decorated with beautiful marigold flowers and lanterns. 

"Congratulations Bhabhi!!" Draupadi hugged Rukmini tightly while the latter chuckled at her excitement, "I will become an aunt soon!" Draupadi exclaimed. 

On the other hand Arjun hugged his Madhav, "Congratulations Madhav!!" 

"My dear friend,  I request you to stay in Dwaraka atleast till the baby shower." Satya added. "Yes Parth, and I have to introduce someone to you all." Krishna said. 

"Bhratashree?" A female voice caught their attention. 

"Here she is!" Krishna smiled. 

There stood a lady dressed in a pair of gold and pink, her body adorned with golden jewelleries. She had a fair complexion unlike her brother her lips were pink and plump. With the kajal adorning her eyes, she looked quite beautiful to say. There she stood with all her radiance, a sweet smile adorning her face. 

"Subhadra! Where were you? I had already told you that the guests will be arriving anytime soon

"Subhadra! Where were you? I had already told you that the guests will be arriving anytime soon." Devaki scolded her. 

"Mata, I was arranging their chambers!" She whinned. 

"Parth, she is my younger sister Subhadra." Krishna said looking at Subhadra. 

"Pranipat." Arjun greeted joining his hands and she too reciprocated. 

So he was the Arjun that her brother kept narrating the tales of his valour! She thought. To her, he seemed a very handsome, good warrior and a wise person. There was no doubt that the princess of Dwaraka was smitten by this person. 

"Pranipat Draupadi. You are way more beautiful than I ever heard of." Subhadra said hugging Draupadi. "You are too sweet to say this Subhadra. You too look divine." She hugged her back. 

Duryodhan who was silently watching all this, whispered to Shakuni, "Mamashree, she is the sister of Vasudev. Doesn't she look beautiful?" 

"But not more than Draupadi" he concluded after a pause. 

"Bhrata, just think how lucky the person would be if he gets to marry the sister of Vasudev. He will have the alliance of the one of the mightiest Kingdom of Aryavrat, Dwaraka." Dushashan whispered making Duryodhan ponder upon the thought. 

"Yes my son, Dushashan is right! If you get the hands of Rajkumari Subhadra in your hands by any means, then Dwaraka will be under Hastinapura." Shakuni said wickedly. 

"That's it! She is mine now! I will snatch her from Vasudev!" Duryodhan said with firm determination. The control over Dwaraka was the thing he could not imagine even in his wildest dreams. 

"Mere Bachhe, I have told you a number of times that where the enemy can be killed with a needle, then there is no need to lift the sword at all." Shakuni said. 

The brothers smirked. 

"What's your plan Mamashree?" 

"Just wait and watch. Have patience. Try to be friendly with Subhadra and try your best to impress Krishna and Balram." Shakuni smirked. 

It was evening and Arjun and Krishna were having a walk in the garden

"Huh Madhav, I don't know how you manage to control both your wives! Don't they pull you in two different directions? Especially Satya!" Arjun asked Krishna who chuckled on his comment.

"I am really lucky to have only one." Arjun rolled his eyes. 

Krishna doubled on his laughter and kept a hand on his shoulder, "Parth, wives are not to be managed or controlled. They are to be loved." He said. 

Arjun frowned and looked at his friend. 

"I didn't get you there Madhav." 

"Parth, female is a multitasking being if you notice properly." Krishna said and took a pause.

 He continued, "Every woman in this universe is a form of Adi-para Shakti, although they themselves fail to notice it most of the times. Without female, the world is just a body without soul. They do everything for us men as well as the society. Take Sakhi Draupadi itself, her day starts with waking up before anyone else in the palace. She does her prayers and cooks meal for everyone. Then she does all the household chores like an ideal wife. She gets you ready, offers her lap for resting when you return after a long tiring day, the whole day she looks after your well being and advices you sometimes. But we men, do not notice her love and care behind this. We scold her if the food is not tasty, punish her for even making the slightest mistake in her duty. As a reward for their hardwork and love, we men can only gift her with tonnes and tonnes of love. Panchali is a gem Arjun! So love her a lot and never make her feel upset." Krishna finished. 

The lecture was proved to be eye opening for Arjun. He smiled and hugged Krishna. 

"Thank you for enlightening me Madhav. And yes, from today I will love my Krishnaa to the fullest. Will always try to keep her happy and will never give her a chance to be upset and lonely." He said. 

"Good boy!" Krishna patted his back affectionately. 

A/N: 

A/N: 

Firstly, I am very very sorry for a very late update. I know that it has been almost more than 15 days since I last updated. 

But the conditions didn't allow me to. I am out of town and my mother has undergone an operation recently. I wanted to cry but at the same time I stood as a pillar for my younger siblings. Well, she's healing now and we would soon return in a week. Pls pray for her to be healthy 😭😭

And I will try my best to post the chapters soon. It may be available tomorrow or in two three days. The internet over here is very slow and frustrating... Seriously there is no wifi 😞

At last, please vote and comment guys... And be safe and happy! ❤️