Chapter 10 ~ Rescue

'Arya' she called him lovingly, passing him the glass of milk. He sat beside her and took her in his lap. He wrapped his arms around her waist. He kissed her both cheecks from behind making a tint of pink appear on her soft skin. "I want you to address me by my name Krishnaa" he whispered sensually in her ear. She shuddered as he dipped his head in her nape. Her hold on his hands tightened as she felt him plant a sensual kiss on her nape. "Arjun..." she moaned. He placed open mouth kisses going way down her sleevless back. Sparks erupted from each and every part of her body and settled down at her core. "Once again Krishnaa! I loved it..."  She felt her core clench as his lips fidgeted with the hook of her blouse. "Arjun..!" , she shut her eyes tightly as the blouse became undone ---- 

Draupadi frowned in her sleep as she sensed something burning. Her eyes fluttered open and what she noticed was surprising! 

The curtains were covered in fire and the door was locked from inside. The fire was spreading like a wildfire. Soon the door too was burnt down to ashes. And the most surprising thing she noticed was Ruchi advancing towards her with a sword. 

"Oh! So miss beauty is awake? I thought to kill you while you were asleep. But since now you are awake, I will kill you piece by piece. You will wince and cry in pain but there will be no one to help you as no one knows about my plan. And cherry on the top, the fire will not help you in escaping dear!" Ruchi uttered wickedly. 

Draupadi tried getting off the bed but the severe wound couldn't help her to do so. She somehow got down with the help of an unburnt curtain. She ran to approach the door but fell down helplessly. 

She sensed her pallu burning so she threw it away in the fire. She stood up again and tried walking to the door with all her energy. Ruchi clutched her hair tightly and dragged her to her foot. She started kicking her mercilessly. 

"What do you want from me Ruchi?" Draupadi asked crying helplessly as blood dripped from the end of her lips. 

"What do I want? Have you ever given me what I wanted Draupadi!? You snatched my Arjun! I had approached him in the hope of winning his heart , but what I got Draupadi? I don't know why his mind keeps chanting the prayer of your name? What is not in me that you have Draupadi!?" She kicked her on stomach making Draupadi hold it tightly while hot tears screamed down her cheecks.

"Beauty, Brain, Wealth, Honey dripping voice.... Then why can't I get Arjun for me? Why he has to be yours? Luck.! Yes Luck! It's only because of your luck that you got him! Otherwise we both were in the same boat Draupadi! So I will snatch that Luck from you!" Ruchi gritted smashing her head under her foot. 

Blood dripped from each and every part of her, it became heavy for her to breath. 

Ruchi smirked seeing her in her last stage. She kept her leg on her chest and asked, "Tell me your last wish Draupadi!" 

She raised her sword to kill her but before she could, she felt a muscular hand clutching her slim hand. 

"Arjun?" She muttered. 

"Not Arjun, your death! How dare you hurt her?!" He roared as he pushed Ruchi against the wall making her head swirl as she  fell down helplessly clutching her head. His inner self wanted to kill her with the same sword, but he knew that right now he has to escape the fire. 

He quickly took Draupadi on one of his shoulders  and ran out of the room to escape the fire. He kicked the door with one of his hand making the lock break and it opened in one go.

"Arjun.." he heard her whisper weakly. "Nothing will happen baby girl, until I am with you. Just have faith in me. Tell, do you believe me princess?" She hummed. 

He did not fail to notice her torn cloth. He removed his angavastra and wrapped it around her to keep her safe. He ran down the stairs in a speed equal to that of light and at the same time he kept an eye on Draupadi to prevent her from getting any burnt although her condition was already worse.

The fire was spread all over the palace and now there was very less chance to escape. He looked down from the balcony to see everyone safely reach outside the palace. 

"Arjun! Stay there , I am coming to help you!" Bheem screamed.

"No bhrata! The fire seems to be spread everywhere now! Please don't hurt yourself! We are coming down in minutes bhrata. Have patience and wait for us!" Arjun screamed back.

Arjun carried Draupadi and managed to reach the ground floor of the palace. He heard the screams of Ruchi approaching his ears. And soon he saw her climbing down the stairs in her miserable condition, her duppata covered in flames. 

"Arjun save me!" She screamed.

"A person like you deserves to die!" His roar had her flinching. 

"Arjun please! I am sorry! I don't want to die! Take me out of this palace! Please! I beg you!" She said, her cheecks covered with crocodile tears. 

Arjun didn't even pay a heed attention to her and moved away with Draupadi. He was blazing in anger ever since he heard what sinful things she and her family had done to his Panchali. 

"Arjun my son!" He heard the cry of Maharani Kalyani. 

"Arjun please save me and my daughter!" She cried. 

"No way Maharani! You all have tortured Draupadi since a very long time and this innocent soul has beared it enough! You all will have a very dreadful end!" He cursed and escaped safely with Draupadi. 

Kalyani held Ruchi's wrist and slapped her hard, "Girl! You ruined everything! You burnt my plan as well as my dreams in this fire!" 

"But Mata.." Ruchi tried to protest but before she could, Kalyani dragged her out of a secret door of the palace which was only know to her. 

On the other hand, Arjun brought Draupadi safely with him to the outskirts of the palace and layed her down. He himself was covered with scars and burns, but he payed the least attention to it. For him, right now, the most important thing was well being of his beloved. 

Everyone approached them with worried faces. 

"Arjun." Kunti whispered, "Wh..What happened to Draupadi?" 

She couldn't believe her eyes. The younger princess of Panchal was lying lifelessly, her body was soaked in blood. 

"It was Kalyani and Ruchi's plan Mata." Arjun whispered as his eyes started to tear up as he looked at Draupadi 's wilted visage who has fallen unconscious. 

"Kalyani and Ruchi?" Kunti said unbelievably. She had never thought even in her dreams that the mother -daughter duo  would perform such a sinful task. 

"That's another thing! Firstly, let Nakul and Sahdev examine Draupadi! It's really urgent." Satya said in anxiety. 

Nakul and Sahdev nodded and started to examine her. 

A/N: 

Hope you liked the chapter. Please vote and comment. The next update will be available after 2-3 days. Sorry for the delay.