𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒.

After the most awkward phone call ever with Kai, Nunie tries her best to act normally as she walks down the stairs of her apartment building

After the most awkward phone call ever with Kai, Nunie tries her best to act normally as she walks down the stairs of her apartment building. Instead of hanging out with Kai, she plans on going to the deli instead and digesting what she just heard. She pops her AirPods into her ears as she descends the staircase, shuffling her playlist.

The walk to the deli is uneventful and brief—Nunie dissociates half-way through, blinking rapidly as she suddenly finds herself standing in the deli. She moves around—grabbing her usual snacks and this time when she approaches Hassan, he rings her up easily—sliding Nunie her change with a small smile because he's come to understand that she doesn't like to speak compared to his other usual customers. She nods at him meekly, checking the time on her phone, deciding to go to the park and sit to just think when her music cuts off.

"Incoming call from Jay—answer it?" Siri reads out loud and Nunie just wants to curl up into a ball.

"Answer," Nunie mumbles after it rings two times.

"Sana?"

"Mhm?" Nunie hums.

"Where you at?"

"A-at the deli," Nunie says, eyeing the store behind her.

"I'ma come and get you, aight? I just wanna talk."

"Uh... " Nunie mumbles because she doesn't really wanna talk to Jay right now, but she knows its better to get it over and done with quickly, so she just accepts defeat. "Okay."

"I'll be there in two minutes."

Nunie awkwardly waits outside of the corner store and true to Jay's word—he skirts around the corner in about three minutes. Her heart is pounding as she approaches the car, getting inside without a word. Jay's jaw is clenched, one hand resting on the steering wheel while the other rests on the gearstick.

He looks upset and that makes Nunie even more nervous because she knows—that he knows—that she knows.

She doesn't know what to say.

He doesn't say anything either, just waiting as Nunie sets her things in her lap before locking the doors, before he starts to drive. Its a quiet ride—a little uncomfortable if you ask Nunie. Jay goes a familiar route, leading them back to his house and she notices there aren't any cars in the driveway—it looks empty.