𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑.

The starts off as a regular day

The starts off as a regular day. Nunie sits in the Reyes' house, lounging on the couch, balancing her laptop in her lap as she tries to power through her English essay that's due at the end of the week. Her outline is done, so now she's just writing rough drafts of her paragraphs and big ideas. She's also supposed to be helping, Kai, DD, and Ddot with their own English work, but the three of them snuck off sometime ago to smoke in the backyard. Nunie rolls her eyes at the thought.

Fucking stoners.

"Hey, Nunie."

Nunie looks up, ponytail bobbing as her head moves. Notti enters the living room, scratching the back of his head.

"Hi Notti," Nunie says in her small, soft voice, "you good?" She's been getting more and more comfortable around the boys since they usually hang out at lunch or sometimes drop by Kai and Nunie's shared English class. Notti's calm and quiet demeanour meshes with Nunie well compared to DD's energy and Ddot's passive-aggressiveness.

"Yeah, I'm good, Nunie," Notti smiles and Nunie gets a little freaked out because it's crazy how the three of them look so much alike, "whatchu doing?"

"English work, I have an essay due on Friday," Nunie sighs, glancing at her laptop screen, "you disappeared after we got here, have you just been in your room this whole time?" She tries to find ways to keep the conversation going because it'd be awkward if she just greeted him and went back to doing her own thing.

"I was tired as fuck, I'm not gon' lie, I took my ass straight to sleep," Notti chuckles, he moves closer, slumping down on the couch next to Nunie, "my gym class be fucking my ass up. Our teacher is hella jokes though, so it's fun."

"I don't miss gym class at all," Nunie cringes, "English has always been my favorite subject."

"Oh, word? Me too." Notti's smile brightens and Nunie finds herself smiling because his vibe is so calm, she can't help but let her guard down. "I like writing—I be writing poems and shit—songs too."

"I keep forgetting y'all are drill rappers," Nunie shakes her head, "I like writing too. I kinda fell outta love with it when I started high school, but it'll always be my passion deep down."

"I get that," Notti nods, leaning back against the couch, "aye, you already have over fifteen hundred words written though, whatchu still writin' fo?" Notti asks, looking at Nunie's screen. It's a persuasive essay on self-directed learning schools and how they improve student success. Nunie had researched endlessly during the weekend after she got off work because she was actually invested in the education system, which is fitting since she was planning on becoming a teacher.