𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟏.

"This is so ghetto

"This is so ghetto." Nunie mumbles.

"We're only staying for an hour, Nunie." Kai reminds her. "Literally the only time I've gone out in the past—how many months? I've been working myself to death." Kai whines.

"Join the club." Nunie retorts.

Kai helps her out of the Uber, holding her arm. Nunie thanks their driver who nods at her, waiting until her fat ass is out of the car because skirting off. It's the night of Notti and DD's release party; Nunie has no intention of attending until Kai comes over, carrying a black dress, insisting they at least go for an hour because Nunie hasn't left the house since the social media incident besides going to work and school but even at school, Nunie's a ghost—wearing large tracksuits with hoods to hide her face and her belly.

 It's the night of Notti and DD's release party; Nunie has no intention of attending until Kai comes over, carrying a black dress, insisting they at least go for an hour because Nunie hasn't left the house since the social media incident besides g...

Just to support.

Then Notti and DD call, asking Kai to just show up for a minute because they want her there and Nunie is out of bed in the next five minutes, trying to put herself together because she's five months pregnant, and she always assumed that meant no more functions. She guesses she was wrong.

They're at another AirBnb, at some luxury penthouse, and because taking the stairs to the top floor would be tedious and impossible due to pregnant Nunie, they take the elevator which is thankfully empty.

"Bro, you don't think it's weird for a pregnant teen to be showing up at some music release party?" Nunie sighs, leaning against the wall as they ascend. Kai is standing beside her, texting on her phone.

"Nunie, people be working out when they pregnant, if you go to one little party for an hour, it won't kill you," Kai shakes her head with a smile, "DD and Notti are so excited you're coming too. They love you more than they love me, I swear." Kai pouts.

"No, they love my baby," Nunie giggles, looping her arm through Kai's, "once I pop out this baby, they're gonna be all over him, not me."

"I can't wait for you to give birth, I'ma be a tía!" Kai squeals in delight.