𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒.

The doctors and nurses run all types of tests on her

The doctors and nurses run all types of tests on her. Nunie has almost a hundred people poke and prod at her body. Kai sits with her through it all, holding her hand and whispering encouraging words to Nunie when she starts hyperventilating as some of them drift towards her stomach, pressing on it gently. They're at the hospital for almost five hours, and Nunie refuses to call her grandparents—she doesn't want to worry them, but she knows she'll have to call eventually.

She's just biding her time.

The doctors say that while the bleeding is mildly concerning—having stopped about an hour after arriving at the hospital, they can't find anything wrong with the fetus and that they'd like to keep her for a bit long just to monitor her.

Eventually, the boys are allowed to come into the room, led in by the nurse, Clarissa, whose been taking care of Nunie. They all pull up chairs, sitting close to her bed. Kai lays with her, mindful of all the IV and cords attached to her body. Notti sits at her right with DD, while Jay sits on her left with Ddot. It's quiet because no one knows exactly what to say or how to address the elephant in the room and Nunie lets out a small exasperated sigh, breaking the silence, although her heart is beating out of her chest because now they know.

They know the truth.

"O-okay, um—" Nunie sighs again, breathing heavily, "I-I know y-you're p-probably confused a-as fuck right now a-and I just want to tell y-you the honest truth b-before you start assuming things."

"Nunie—" Kai starts to say, lifting her head up off the pillow she's sharing with Nunie.

"N-no, it's okay," Nunie stammers because she guesses she's back to stumbling over her words again. She looks out towards Jay, Ddot, DD, and Notti, she wonders what they'll think of her after this and the thought of them turning their back on her is devastating. "I-I'm fourteen weeks pregnant. T-the nurse confirmed it for m-me today. U-um, s-something happened b-back in Jersey—w-where I'm from—i-it's the reason why I moved h-here to Harlem, and—" Nunie bites her lip. She hears the machine monitoring her heartbeat start to beep rapidly as her heart starts to race, and she focuses on taking deep breaths to calm down.

"It's okay, Nunie," Kai whispers to her, smoothening down Nunie's hair.

"I-I k-know, c-can you just tell them? I can't—" Nunie whimpers, shoving her face into the side of the pillow. In the five hours they'd spent there, Nunie and Kai had gone over everything—Kai knew the story almost as well as Nunie now.

"Are you sure?"

"Y-yeah."