𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕.

"Bro, all this sugar is gonna rot 'ya teeth," Jay frowns as Nunie picks up a bag of sour keys

"Bro, all this sugar is gonna rot 'ya teeth," Jay frowns as Nunie picks up a bag of sour keys. Nunie has her hands full of snacks and a cream soda shoved under her arm. It's a warm day and almost everyone on the block is out—Notti, DD, and Ddot are at the park while Kai is stuck working at Urban Planet—missing out on the nice weather.

"Are you shaming a pregnant person right now?" Nunie asks Jay, raising an eyebrow.

"No, ma," Jay sighs, his arm around her shoulder, "you done yet?" He asks, nudging her cheek with his nose.

"Should I get a bag of Ruffles or just stick with Doritos?"

"Ruffles."

"I'ma get Doritos," Nunie says just to spite him, grabbing the red bag of chips off the shelf. Jay kisses his teeth, shaking his head at her, but there's a small smile on his face that Nunie reciprocates as they walk up to the counter, greeting Hassan. He rings them up quickly and Jay slaps a twenty-dollar bill on the counter, waiting for Hassan to bag up the stuff, before they walk out. Nunie immediately opens her cream soda, taking a sip, before passing it to Jay who takes a sip too, before he gags, shoving the pink bottle into the grey plastic bag of snacks. "I was thinking of naming him Emilio." Nunie says wistfully.

"What about Marcello?" Jay suggests instead, and Nunie shakes her head.

"Shiloh?"

"No." Jay says quickly, shutting her down.

"At this rate, the baby is just gon' have to make up his own name, I'on know," Nunie sighs.

"Junior sound good—Junior Mendoza," Jay laughs as they cross the street together. Jay holds her hand as they cross, making their way to the park, because again—Ddot, DD, and Notti are there and Nunie is feeling nice enough to share her snacks with them even though Jay really bought them just for her.

"I'm not naming my son Junior, Jay," Nunie shakes her head in amusement, "it's a nickname for now until I can figure out a name." Nunie looks up, scanning the park for DD, Ddot, and Notti. They're surrounded by a small group of people, but Nunie takes note of a guy with short locs holding a camera as he speaks to DD and... Crystal?

What the fuck—Nunie thought they were on a break.

"Yo, my hearts! Jay, Nunie!" Ddot calls out to them. He's standing a little bit behind DD and Crystal, smoking a blunt, nudging Notti, whose typing away on his phone. He takes one last long pull from the blunt before he ashes it, mouth widening into a smile at the sight of the grey plastic bag Jay's carrying. "Nah! My hearts got me food, I love y'all forreal." Ddot smiles and Nunie shakes her head with a small laugh as Jay mugs him.

"Nigga, you can take one thing," Jay tells him as they get close, "one fucking thing, my nigga." He reiterates.

"Aight, chill, lemme just—" Ddot whines, digging around in the bag, picking out a pack of Skittles. "Thank you!" He grins, ripping open the package.