𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎.

The entire bus ride to school, Nunie is a nervous wreck

"Nunie, don't worry, you'll be good—I'm sure we'll have classes together." Kai says, trying to reassure her. "Actually, you never even showed me your schedule at all."

"Uhh... " Nunie mumbles. She's fumbling with her phone, and she drops it, watching it fall to the floor before DD catches it swiftly in his hands.

"Careful, Nunie, just chill," he chuckles, passing it back to her.

"S-sorry, sorry," Nunie apologizes as she tries to unlock her phone. It takes her almost three tries because her hands keep shaking, and she presses the wrong buttons, but she gets it done eventually; pulling up the email that the school board sent her with her new homeroom, locker, and schedule for the school year. She's taking a co-op program, completing her last few credits while doing some college courses at the same time online. Her second semester will consist of her doing co-op as a teacher's assistant, but she doesn't know how that'll go since—you know, baby.

"It's okay, Nunie," Kai whispers to her lowly because she's the only one who has the slightest idea of what's going through Nunie's mind right now. "I'ma be right beside you all day."

"Yeah, I know," Nunie mutters, finally managing to pull up her schedule. "Aight, here it is."

"We have English together and... " Kai trails off. "We only have first period together, what the fuck?"

"I got all my niggas wit' me," Ddot cackles, dapping up Notti, who chuckles.

"Fuck up, Darrian," Kai rolls her eyes, turning to Nunie, "don't listen to that light-bright ass nigga. We got you, okay? Don't even trip about today. Mot Hall is nothing, honestly. It's ghetto but it's really nothing."

"Yeah, don't worry Nunie, you be aight," Notti nodded his head, legs sprawled out in front of him as he sat on the seat beside Ddot. DD sat in front of them and Nunie could see he also looked a little stressed out.

"DD, y-you okay?" Nunie asked and everyone turned to him. He sat directly in front of Kai and he had his head all in his phone—stressing the fuck out.

"No, bro," he sighs heavily, tossing his head back, "Tiana just transferred to our school man, she just texted me. Crystal gon' flip her shit."

"Nah, the Tiana you met at the party three weeks ago? Yo' little sneaky link?" Now, it was Ddot's turn to cackle. "You're fucked, bro, I'm not gon' lie."

"I told you not to mess wit' that girl, DD," Notti shakes his head, suppressing his own laugh because his brother just got himself into a mess that he can't get himself out of.

"Who's Crystal?" Nunie scrunches up her nose, eyes darting between the boys.

"Crystal is DD's wack ass girlfriend," Ddot informs her, smiling as DD kisses his teeth, turning off his phone. "I'on even know why you still wit' ha."