𝑻𝒐 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑽𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓 𝑮𝒐 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒔

Start from the beginning

Dahlia allows herself to hang limply over his frame and grumbles, "I bet it's all black."

•——————•°•✿•°•——————•

"Told ya." Dahlia whispers to Alaric as Juno enthusiastically lays out the numerous monochrome outfits she has prepared. Alaric grunts in annoyance at Dahlia's smug grin, sending her a playful glare in retaliation.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen! Let's get this show on the road!" Magenta announces energetically as he flamboyantly swishes into Alaric's house. "Where's my terrifyingly murderous Victor?" Juno steps aside to reveal Dahlia glowering at the vibrant escort, making Magenta gasp and step back. "That gaze is just as vicious as the one you had when you bludgeoned our Wyatt to death."

Dahlia's expression drops momentarily at the reminder of her brutal finale while Alaric scowls at the blabbermouth. "Yes, thank you for that, Magenta." Alaric states sternly, his eyes narrowed harshly at the escort.

"Oh, it was just thrilling." Magenta continues, not registering Alaric's signal to stop.

"Thank you, Magenta." Alaric hisses out again through gritted teeth, mentally pleading for the man to take a hint. Dahlia zones out as she remembers the metallic taste of blood settling on her tongue, the red colour covering her hands like a second skin and Wyatt's cries of anguish slowly being drowned into silence. The chatter of voices becomes muffled in her ears, eyes unfocused and blurry. She completely disassociates with reality, haunted by her own memories. She's only brought back when Alaric's calloused hands settle gently on her shoulders. "Flower. Let's get you ready."

Barely taking notice of her surroundings, Dahlia nods numbly and allows herself to be guided away by Juno. She stands in a daze while her stylist fusses over her outfit and makeup, murmuring away to herself. By the time she's fully snapped back into the real world, Dahlia manages to catch the tail-end of Juno's mutters, "...whatever Snow wants, I suppose."

"What?" Dahlia nearly yells in shock and panic. She hadn't received any communications from Snow so she had assumed, rather hopefully, that he'd just forgotten about her. "What did you say about Snow?"

Juno blinks a few times at the girl's sudden interest, before her lips spread into a beautiful smile. "My dear, President Snow is eagerly awaiting your presence in the Capitol." Juno doesn't understand Dahlia's horror at this statement. For all citizens of the Capitol, recognition from the president would be the highest honour. "He's given me strict instructions about your clothing for this tour. Admittedly, I did have some concerns about how much skin you'll be showing--"

"Snow's controlling my outfits?" Dahlia asks, dread flooding her body like an invasive parasite.

"He just has a certain image in mind for you." Juno shrugs her concern off as if it's nothing, her giddy grin unsettling the disturbed Victor. "And I am totally onboard. The Black Dahlia should be a seductive yet dangerous temptress. You've certainly got the personality for it. Snow just thinks your outfits should reflect that. Afterall, sex appeal is a powerful tool. Just look at Finnick Odair."

Dahlia doesn't fight back as Juno eases the black fabric onto her body. She thought Juno was a friend, someone she could find compassion in. But she forgot that Juno was still a citizen of the Capitol. She's been brainwashed by Snow and his regime. Of course she wouldn't see what was wrong with this.

As Dahlia is ushered to the front door, Lavender's head peeks out of the entrance to the living room. The younger girl's eyes widen as they trail along the outfit Dahlia has been forced into. The ensemble is distinctly black in colour with a long-sleeved top tied together at the chest and tight pants hugging her legs. Juno decided that it showed just enough cleavage to tease the Capitol while still providing Dahlia a vague amount of protection from the cold weather. But to Lavender, she seemed so unlike the sister she once knew.