I was seeing stars and was feeling dizzy, so I didn't open my eyes. A hand held my elbows, guiding me towards a chair helping me to sit. The hand felt around my head to see if it had a bump, but finding none, it kept softly stroking my head, easing the pain.

When I felt a little better, I slowly opened my eyes and tried to focus. My curls had come undone, and one strand was now in my face annoying me, so I puffed out a breath, blowing it away before I focused on my surroundings.

My eyes widened, realising I was behind my bosses desk and I was sitting on his chair. Horrified, I turned to the culprit who put me there only to realize it was my boss himself, and he was still stroking my head gently.

Letting out a gasp in horror, I leaped out of his chair, which was a big mistake, as the room started turning, making me sway on my feet.

"Woah! Are you ok?" He asked as he held on to me.

We were so close that the wonderful musky smell of him was all around me, making my insides quiver.

His touch was electrifying, sending shock waves down my arms from where he was holding me. I felt excitement and comfort at the same time, but these feelings were very, very bad for me, when I felt it because of him, I thought as I tried moving away from him.

But when I tried moving, he held on, making me look up at him. I blinked, trying to clear my vision so I could focus on his face, but then I wished I hadn't.

His eyes were full of concern as he looked down at me, searching my face.

My breath hitched in my throat, forgetting how to breathe. He was just too gorgeous up close. I licked my lips, preventing myself from drooling at the sight of him.

I mean, this is ridiculous, really. I am supposed to be a grown woman with a teenage son. But I am acting like I am my son's age, getting horny by just looking at the beautiful specimen in front of me. I mentally face palmed myself, groaning on the inside.

"Are you ok?" He asked again, interrupting my thoughts.

"Uh huh..." I answered distractedly.

"You should be more careful. What were you doing down there anyway?" He asked, his voice was a mixture of concern and amusement, making me frown, not seeing what was so funny about it.

I huffed out in annoyance as my curls kept getting in my face. My arms were still trapped in his hands. He let go of one arm only to brush off the strands of hair off my face, himself, and tucking them behind my ear.

I stared at him, shocked. I was wondering what was up with him. For a man who likes to be professional in his office, he was sure being very touchy with his secretary today.

"You didn't answer my question." He said quietly.

"What question?" I asked distractedly.

"Why were you under my desk?"

I blinked, coming to reality at his question. Yes, why was I under there. My eyes widened as I remembered.

I looked at him nervously as I brought out my hand, showing him the piece of paper, now slightly crumpled, having been forgotten, in my hand.

He frowned in confusion as he took the paper, his frown deepening, as he read what was on it, his expression turning into annoyance. He glanced up from the paper, asking, "What's this?"

"I don't know Mr Carlton. Jenna gave it to me, saying to keep it on your desk for only you to read."

"And you decided you would follow her orders without question?" He asked in annoyance.

"Well.. I did feel it's inappropriate to be passing personal notes to your boss, but I felt that it wasn't my call to just throw it in the dustbin. At least not until you knew about it."

He nodded, understanding. " Ok, then throw that in the dustbin." He said, handing the note to me. "And throw out whatever else she sends." He said, turning towards his desk and sitting in his chair, like he was dismissing me.

I was about to leave when he took his cup of coffee, placing it against his lips, making me gasp.

He paused with his coffee still by his lips, his gray eyes looking at me questioningly.

"It must be cold now, sir! Let me make you another one." I said, reaching for the cup. He moved it away from my grasp, making me look at him in surprise.

He took a sip before saying, " it's alright. It tastes fine, " making me sigh in relief. " besides, " he continued, " I much prefer the change in routine and the scene I walked into rather than the usual.

I raised my brows in question, but he only brushed me off with a wave of his arm, his face full of amusement, like he was having an inside joke with himself.

With one last confused look at him, I walked out of his office, sitting down at my desk to start my day...