Chapter 36

Lizzie p.o v

I am not exactly sure where Carson is taking me but when he takes me onto the elevator I start to get a little bit suspicious as to where the hell he is taking me but before I could ask him anything he pins me against the elevator wall and crashing his lip onto mine. As he is kissing me he pins my hands above my head then his hands go to my hips and lift me up so I wrap my legs around his waist, I know we shouldn't be doing this here but his lips taste way too good to resist not to mention I can feel him getting hard since he is pressed up against my body. His lips soon move from mine down onto my neck leaving little kisses as he trails down to my shoulder which causes me to let out a soft moan.

 His lips soon move from mine down onto my neck leaving little kisses as he trails down to my shoulder which causes me to let out a soft moan

Lizzie - Carson

Lizzie - Carson...fuck...I...

Before I could even finish my sentence he stops as the elevator doors open up and Carson puts me down and takes my hand.

Carson - before this goes any farther  I wanna show you something.

Lizzie - what is it?

Carson - if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?

He leads me outside the base where in the hell is he taking me? after a couple of minutes of walking, we suddenly stop and Carson gives me a blindfold which I hesitantly put on. Blindfolded Carson leads me by my hand for a few minutes before we stop again and he takes off my blindfold I let out a gasp of surprise as in front of me is Farragut Station but it's all done up.

Lizzie - when did you have time to do this?

Carson - I had some help, do you like it?

Lizzie - yeah it's beautiful but why? And where is everyone else that was placed here?

Carson rubs the back of his neck as he answers me.

Carson - well...the people are safe in the base enjoying the party for the next couple of hours, and I wanted to spend some time with you since we have hardly spent time together lately. I wanted to do something special for us do you like it?

He looks a little nervous that I wouldn't like it but I do like it, it's one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me. Without saying a word I jump into his arms and he spins me around, then kisses me.

Lizzie - I love it.

He takes me inside the building and takes me up to the roof where there is a beautifully decorated table with a fruit salad, Chocolate brownies, my favorite Ice cream Mint chocolate chip along with Banoffee Pie which is hard to find on Reach, and a tray of Rocky Road, all my favorites food. Carson picks up a strawberry then puts it in my mouth and I taste the sweet fruit, we eat the food he even puts his jacket on me since it was a little chilly, as we look at the stars in the sky a thought comes into my head.

Lizzie - babe?

Carson - hmmm?

Lizzie - I have a question but I dunno how you will answer it.

Carson - is it a bad question?

Lizzie - no, not at all I was just wondering as to why you donated blood to Adriano.

Carson - oh that...well I know how much he means to you and he was in trouble I wanted to help him, I know love us both and each occupies a different space in your life.

Wow I didn't expect that from him most men would be intimidated by their girlfriend having close man friends, it's not like he has anything to worry about since there are no romantic feelings between me and Adriano, it's more like an older brother/sister relationship that we have, I  cuddle into Carson and he wraps his arms around me.

Lizzie - I dunno what I did to have you in my life I can't imagine my life without you in it.

Carson - it's funny you should say that because I have something to ask you.

I turn so we are face to face, Carson takes a breath before saying...

Carson - Lizzie, I love you more than words can express, and I cannot imagine spending my life with anyone else. You bring me joy, laughter, and endless happiness, and I am so grateful to have you by my side. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, growing and learning together, supporting each other through thick and thin.

He pauses for a second to go into his pocket and pulls out a rose gold ring with a sapphire on it, then goes down onto my knee and I feel my heart beating faster than it ever has before.

Carson - So, Lizzie, will you do me the honor of becoming my partner for life and marrying me?

Oh my goodness, my heart is pounding so fast I can't even speak.

Carson - I know we haven't been together that long but I really can't imagine my life without you.

I am quick to shake off the shock and give him my answer as he looks a little bit sad.

Lizzie - You're the love of my life Carson, and my answer is yes, yes, yes! A thousand times yes!

I throw myself into him like I was gonna say no to marrying him, I love this man with all my heart and soul. I know it will be hard with me being away on missions all the time but we'll make it work somehow or maybe I should think about retirement but right now I don't want to think about that now as mine and Carson's lips meet once more as we celebrate our engagement. I couldn't be happier with the way my life is gone right now since meeting him, the only thing on my mind is him and his body so I am gonna show him how much I love him.