Chapter 24

Lizzie p.o.v

Myself, Jake, Shane, and Annalise quickly set up the defenses that we have on us, good thing Jake has a couple of Heavy Machine Guns or portable turrets on him and Shane sets up a Drop Shield around the transport to protect it from the webbing. We do have a couple of rocket launchers but we don't have many rounds for them so we will need to save them for the big one. The smaller spiders attack us first since the "King" is still moving his way over to us, taking them out was easy as our turrets easily took them down. The King spider suddenly goes off in the other direction then a couple of Carriers fly overhead so we go back into the transport to grab the rocket launchers, aiming for the Carrier I want for the hatch to open. The Carriers soon open and starts dropping off more spiders but all four of us shoot off rocket launchers, the rockets hit their mark with two rounds to each Carrier, crashing to the ground the Carriers explode on impact which causes the building around the come tumbling down. We had to pull down to the transport or we would have been crushed underneath the rubble, unfortunately for us, it closes off our exit trapping us inside the transport. Everyone comes out from their hiding place since it seems to be safe for now anyway and Stephanie starts to panic and paces around, Annalise leans in close to me.

Annalise - can I slap her?

Lizzie - she's pregnant so you can't but if she wasn't them yes.

Annalise - damm it.

Shane turns to get through to the rest of the team but there is no luck, especially underneath all the rubble, Carson is with his dad checking on his mum and Aspen while Enzo is trying to calm Stephanie down mum and Arthur come over to us with the baby which mum has just managed to calm down. Annalise gives us some privacy and goes over to Atlas who embraces her but I can't help but notice that she is getting some strange looks from Rosette I will ask Carson about that later. I turn my attention back to mum who is uncovering the baby to show us the most beautiful blue eyes with brown in the middle I believe it's called heterochromia (heterochromia iridis) so we don't scare the baby we take off our helmets.

 I turn my attention back to mum who is uncovering the baby to show us the most beautiful blue eyes with brown in the middle I believe it's called heterochromia (heterochromia iridis) so we don't scare the baby we take off our helmets

Isabella (mum) - Jake, Shane, and Lizzie I would like you to meet your baby sister Odette.

Jake - she's is beautiful mum.

Isabella (mum) - would you like a hold of her?

Jake nods yes and mum gently hands Odette to him, Jake looks down at little Odette in wonder and Shane peeks over his shoulder at her so Jake gently passes Odette to Shane. As he does Shane gulps he has never held a baby in his life.

Jake - don't be a chicken, support her head.

How the hell....oh yeah I forgot that Jake and Dean were the first to hold me and Shane as babies, Shane gently takes Odette and does the same as Jake did supporting her head as he holds her she starts to get a bit fussy.