35

There's a grin on my face as I leave Dawson's restaurant, closing the door behind me

There's a grin on my face as I leave Dawson's restaurant, closing the door behind me. I wipe my nose and hug my coat to my body due to the cold. The image of me and Dawson kissing in the backroom of the restaurant stayed at the front of my brain, and my stomach fluttered with butterflies.

Things were going so well between us. We're happy and enjoying our time with each other and I think I'd like this to last forever. I'm in such a good place with my life. My parents are calming down with the whole being-friends-with-Dawson thing, and I think they're realising that Dawson is as much of a danger to me as I am to him.

And me and Dawson... it's surreal. It feels like a fever dream. It feels like I'm flying and he's right beside me, holding on to me. I want to capture this feeling in a glass bottle and display it in my bedroom for eternity.

Some hearts understand each other in complete silence, and sometimes, home can be a person. At least I'll die one day knowing that I was that home for Dawson. Losing him is not something I could handle.

I continue walking down the street, fifteen minutes away from my house. The wind picked up and I regret not wearing a woolly scarf, like my mum had suggested. I'm going to give her a big kiss when I get home. Something in the atmosphere changes around me, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

I walk a little faster, slightly regretting not accepting Dawson's offer to take me home. Shaking my head, I stop myself from thinking the worst and focus my attention on getting home safely.

Before I had time to react, I felt a hand clasp my mouth. Fear strikes me and I try to lunge around, but the hold this person has on me is too strong. A scream rises up my throat, but no one is around. No one can hear me. It's too dark and quiet and I think I'm going to die.

I feel a body press up against me, and tears spring into my eyes, threatening to spill. "You're going to be a good girl and do exactly as I say." I hear a deep voice from behind me, and I quiver in fear. I'm still fighting, kicking my feet and trying to pull away from his grip, but his arm wraps around my waist as he easily lifts me. I'm kicking out my feet, trying to run.

The side of my body aches with pain as I'm thrown into an open van that just parked in front of us. I grip my arm as I stumble to a sitting position, trying to feel for my phone. It's not there. They've taken my phone. No. Oh, God, no. This can't be happening. The tears spill out of my eyes and my hair sticks to my cheeks and the van door is being closed.

I scream out, hoping someone will hear me. I kick at the door, but it doesn't budge.

"Take the phone." I hear, from inside the van, and I lean against the side of the van. "Text Anderson. Tell him she's home safely, that's what they were talking about." The voice says, and everything clicks in my head.

They've been watching us. They were in the restaurant at the same time as us and they listened to our conversation. It makes me wonder what else they were watching me and Dawson do. Bile rises up my throat. I choke on a sob.

We should have been more careful. We should have... God. We should never have crossed the line of friendship. I should have ignored him when I saw him in the damn alleyway. I should have looked the other way. Then, maybe none of this would have happened.

After what seems like hours, the van door is opening. I scramble into the corner, curling up my body. The man who kidnapped me doesn't have anything covering his face, so I don't think he plans on letting me go. It's not Stawarski. No, this is probably one of his goons.

He grabs my arm, pulling me out of the van and throwing me into the ground. I yell in pain as I land on my elbow, and I'm pretty sure I've broken something. "Get up." He grumbles, and I stumble to my feet. Another man leaves the van, and my phone is in his hand. He looks me up and down as he walks past, a scowl on his face. I look around, trying to find a way to escape, but there's not a window in sight. Only a door that's guarded by two big, beefy men.

"There's no escape route, sweetheart. Don't bother that pretty little head of yours." I hear, and I immediately recognize that voice. It hasn't left my dreams ever since he cornered me. Stawarski. I spin around, cradling my elbow in my hand. He stood in the middle of the room near an empty chair, the men that kidnapped me were standing behind him, idling in a quiet conversation.

My tears were dry on my face and I pushed my hair out of my face, my whole body quivering in fear. Fear for what's going to happen. Fear for my life. Fear for Dawson.

"Come over here." Stawarski gestures for me, and I come to the realisation that I have no choice but to comply, so I idly walk over, bowing my head. He nods his head towards the chair and my breath shakes as I take a seat. "Tie her up." I hear, and I have no time to protest before my wrists are bound together behind the wooden chair and someone is kneeling in front of me, tieing my feet together. He looks up at me, his eyes a dirty green colour. He smirks before he drags his fingers up my legs as he stands up. I resist the urge to kick him by closing my eyes.

"Now..." Stawarski grumbles, moving to stand in front of me. He grips my chin, forcing me to look up at him. A tear slipped down my cheek. He tuts, tilting his head. "Let's see how long it takes for that boyfriend of yours to come running with the money he owes me."

"You're sick." I spit, glaring at him. "He doesn't owe you shit!" I yell. "His dad is the one-"

"Oh, honey." Stawarski chuckles, shaking his head. "You're gonna regret raising your voice to me." He smirks, and before I could blink, his hand strikes against my cheek and I black out.