30

I haven't seen Alayna in a few days

I haven't seen Alayna in a few days. Excitement jitters through me at the thought of laying my eyes on her after a while and finally being able to admire her beauty. I told her that my parents weren't home, so I planned a little date for the both of us.

Obviously, because I can't afford a full, expensive meal at a restaurant, I've stuck to a simple, intimate picnic under the sun at the park. Maybe one day, I'll take her on a better, luscious date. But, as of right now, we're still young and there's no rush to pull out all of the stops.

I wring my fingers together in nervousness as I lean against the tree, the picnic basket near my feet. There's quite a few people here, so we won't be totally alone, but any time with Alayna is not enough for me.

I hate having to sneak around and lie to both of our parents so that they don't catch on, but we knew that it would be like this. We knew we'd have to sneak around and hide the truth. It was a risk we were willing to take.

I hear footsteps behind me, and I turn around to be met by Alayna's smiling face. I grin at the sight of her. She's wearing a white summer dress, half of her legs on display. My gaze drags down her smooth skin, up her body, and across the top of her chest, where a little of her cleavage is on show. I can see the outline of her black bra through the dress, and I clear my throat.

Alayna tilts her head at me, smiling at me. I could admire her beauty for hours on end. "Are you just gonna stand there and stare at me?" Alayna grins, crossing her arms over her chest. I lick my lips.

"Will it bother you if I do?" I ask her, biting my bottom lip lightly.

Alayna sighs, shaking her head. "No, but I'm hungry." She scrunches her eyes. I chuckle, rolling my eyes before picking up the picnic basket and walking towards her. "What food did you bring?" She asks, reaching out and grabbing my shirt. I would have worn a hoodie, but it's way too hot to be wrapping layers over my body.

She leans up and lightly presses her lips to mine in a quick kiss before I open the picnic basket and get the blanket from the top, laying it on the grass. Alayna hums and sits down, crossing her legs underneath her. I sit opposite her, pulling out the wraps and sandwiches I made for her. There were a few chicken wraps and cucumber sandwiches that I know Alayna likes.

Next, the small bottle of champagne came out with plastic cups because I couldn't find any of the fancy ones. "Do you want some of this?" I ask her, tilting the bottle towards her, and she nods her head. Suddenly, I can't look away from her as the bright sun shines down on her honey skin, brightening it. Her brown eyes turn into the colour of whiskey mixed with melted chocolate. Her soft, plump lips are sculpted to perfection and the amount of nerves that poured through me at the sight of her was overwhelming.

"Are you gonna keep staring?" Alayna teases, and I rip my eyes away from her. I chuckle, shaking my head before I pop open the champagne and hand her the cup, pouring some in for her. "Thank you." She smiles, raising the cup to her mouth. I watch as she drinks and the way her throat bobs. She licks her lips, placing the cup on the blanket.

Alayna picks up the sandwich, pulling it out of the foil and taking a bite. She tilts her head to the side. "Mm." She mumbles. "That's delicious." She adds, before squinting her eyes at me. "Where'd you learn how to cook?" She asks, leaning towards me.

I take a bite out of my sandwich, taking my time to chew so I can think about my answer. "Erm..." I swallow my food, taking a breath. "Back in London, my parents were rarely home. I'd... Google a recipe and make something with the ingredients I had so I could eat."

Alayna raises her eyebrow, nodding her head slowly. "Were your parents always neglectful?" She asks quietly, and I shrug my shoulders. The truth is... I don't remember much about my childhood. Even though it was only a few years ago, I conditioned myself to forget so that I didn't have to relive the gruesome details. I'd go days without eating because either my parents couldn't afford it, or because they'd just forget to feed me.

It sucks to say, but they only ever cared about themselves. They had me when they were young and immature and definitely not ready to raise a child, so they let me raise myself. That's probably why I got in with the wrong people and made the friends I did. Bad friends.

I rub my nose. "I don't know. Probably." I mumble, shaking my head. There's a beat of silence between us and when Alayna's face morphed into that of sadness, I took it as my cue to change the subject. "Erm... how are your parents? And your siblings?" I asked her, taking another bite of my sandwich.

"Akila and Asim are good. It's Asim's first year at secondary, so he's just trying to get used to it and fit in." She nods her head. "And my parents." She sighs, closing her eyes. "They're still not fond of you." She rolls her eyes, and I gulp.

I knew it would take a while for me to warm up to Alayna's parents, but they're judging me without actually knowing me. I've never officially met them. Of course, I don't blame them for being wary. I am in a bit of trouble. I'm not safe, and I don't even know when I will be safe. They're not wrong to worry for Alayna's safety. I just hate that we have to sneak around all the time and can't be vocal about whatever's happening between us.

"Why don't we..." An idea flashed into my mind. "Why don't I meet them?" I suggest, and Alayna's eyes widen in shock.

"My parents?" She asked in surprise, and I nodded my head.

"Yeah. Maybe they'll realise that I only want the best for you, and I'll never hurt you." I tell her, and Alayna's mouth twitches up into a smile. I notice the way the sides of her neck redden, and I look away, knowing I made her blush.

"You only want what's best for me?" She grins, and I shyly nod my head. Then, she giggles and drops her sandwich onto the foil that was resting on the picnic blanket. I watch as she shuffles next to me and wraps her arms around me. I'm caught off guard, causing me to fall onto my back.

Alayna squeals, smiling down at me as she caresses my cheek.

Her finger runs down my jaw and across my chin and around the outline of my lips. They part slightly as soon as she touches them. Alayna softly kisses my cheek. Her lips lingering on my skin for a few seconds.

She stares down at me, her eyes flickering between mine. "You're so beautiful." She whispers, and her hair falls onto the side of her face. I pull a strand behind her ear, cupping her cheek. Alayna smiles, leaning into my touch before she lowers her head and kisses me slowly and seductively.

My thumb drags down her skin as she kisses me, and my heart sets on fire. Her kisses kill me and bring me back to life in the matter of seconds.

"We should- mm." I mumble against her lips, my grip tightening on her body. "You said you were hungry." I can barely speak.

"I am." Alayna says, moving back, staring down at me seductively. "Just not for food." She whispers, and I blink multiple times to come to terms with what she just told me. "My parents aren't home." She tells me, kissing me again. It's Friday morning, so her siblings won't be home, either. We'll have the house to ourselves.