4 ╰┈➤ first ultrasound

june 16, 2022

"so today is a very exciting day for us," isabella says to her phone. "today we are going to see our baby for the very first time"

"i'm so excited. i can't wait. i barely slept last night because i was so excited" isabella chuckles.

"are you recording this?" joe asks with a mischievous smile on his face.

"i am" she answers. joe runs behind isabella and places his hands on her hips, causing isabella to erupt into a fit of laughter.

"i love when you do that" she smiles.

"i know, that's why i do it," joe says.

"joe, how are feeling about seeing our baby for the first time?" she asks.

"i am so excited. i already love this baby so much, so i can't wait to finally get to see him or her" he says.

"that was such a cute answer" isabella gets out of joe's grasp and stands on her tiptoes to kiss joe on his lips.

"well, it's the truth" he continues. isabella walks over to her phone and stops recording. "it's so cute how you have been recording almost everything since you got pregnant"

"it's for the memories, j. one day we will look back at this and smile," she explains.

"i know pretty girl. i know" joe smiles.

☆ ☆ ☆

joe and isabella are now sitting down in the waiting room, waiting for her name to be called. joe can tell by isabella's body language that she is excited. joe takes her hand in his and smiles. "i love you, you know that?" joe says.

"i do know that. i love you too" she lays her head on joe's shoulder. a few minutes of comfortable silence go by before the two hear isabella's name being called.

"isabella kennedy?" the doctor reads of the chart in her hand. isabella and joe get up and walk hand in hand to their room.

"hi isabella, i'm doctor wagner" doctor wagner offers her hand, which isabella shakes. "is this dad with us today?"

"yes, i'm joe," joe says as he shakes doctor wagner's hand.

"well, let's get started then" doctor wagner smiles. "ok mom, you are going to feel a cold jell on your belly" doctor wagner squirts the cold jelly onto isabella's stomach, causing her to slightly shiver.

"now, i am going to move this wand on your stomach so that we can see baby, ok?" doctor wagner explains.

"sounds great" isabella looks over at joe with a giant smile on her face. joe gets closer to isabella and holds her left hand. he uses his other hand to run his fingers through her hair. they stare at the screen in anticipation.

"mom and dad, this is your baby," doctor wagner says once she finds the baby.

"wow" is all isabella can get out before the tears begin to flow. "our son or daughter is already perfect"

isabella takes her eyes off of the screen for a second and looks at joe, who is also starting to cry. "that's our kid" he says.