24 ╰┈➤ first birthday

february 12, 2024

today is josie's first birthday and the burrow household is quite emotional. "how is she a year old already?" isabella says as the tears begin to fall. "it feels like yesterday when she was born"

"this year has gone by so fast" joe says as he hugs isabella from behind.

"let's go wake up the birthday girl" joe kisses isabella's cheek and the 2 walk into josie's nursery. when they walk into the room they see josie standing in her bed just smiling.

"happy birthday to you! happy birthday to you! happy birthday to josie! happy birthday to you!" joe and isabella sing together. joe and isabella hold josie in their arms together.

"happy birthday sweet girl" joe kisses josie's head.

"we love you so much" isabella holds josie closer to herself.

☆ ☆ ☆

ever since josie started talking she has since learned a new favorite word. and that word is dog. it's a little bit funny considering joe and isabella do not have a dog. but kylie and ja'marr do, and they taught josie how to say dog and now it's josie's favorite word to say. it makes isabella and joe really want to get a dog because of it.

so since josie is constantly saying dog, they decided to make josie's first birthday theme a dog theme. the house is decorated with everything dog. there are paw prints everywhere and josie is even dressed in a dog outfit.

"happy birthday miss josie. today is all about you. i am so lucky to be your mama." isabella tells josie as she gets dressed for her party.

☆ ☆ ☆

"hi everyone," isabella says getting everyone's attention. "i want to thank everyone for being here. josie is so lucky to have so many amazing people in her life. please feel free to eat, we have food in the kitchen. we are going to do presents and cake in a little bit. thanks again for coming"

isabella walks over with josie on her hip towards her group of friends. "there the birthday girl" kylie says as she grabs josie and puts her on her hip.

"thanks for coming you guys" isabella carefully hugs kylie, gracie, and morgan as all 3 of them have big bellies.

"of course, we wouldn't miss it for anything," gracie says.

"i mean unless any of us go into labor" morgan laughs.

"josie is so lucky to have such amazing aunts and soon-to-be cousins in her life" isabella smiles

☆ ☆ ☆

it's time for cake and everyone is excited to see how josie will react to having a smash cake. it's always everyone's favorite part of babies' first birthday parties. isabella places josie in her high chair as joe brings the cake over. he places the cake in front of josie and lets her go at it.

at first, josie doesn't know what to do but eventually, she touches the frosting and brings it to her mouth. she continues to bring more and more of the frosting and cake to her mouth, getting it all over her in the process.

joe and isabella are off to the side just admiring how perfect their daughter is. "i love you so much, joe" isabella smiles.