10 ╰┈➤ talking to the baby

november 24, 2022

today is thanksgiving in the burrow household, which means their house is full of family and great food. as the night continues on, joe and isabella find themselves away from the loud and eventful house. they get in their car and joe drives them to the beach.

even though it's a cold november day in cincinnati ohio, it never stops isabella or joe from just sitting on the beach and listening to the calming sound of the waves. you will find isabella here whenever she needs a break or needs time to think.

joe sets up a blanket on the sand for the two to sit down on. isabella puts on one of joe's lsu sweatshirts that hugs her body. they lay on the blanket together. isabella lays her head on joe's shoulder as they listen to the waves.

"happy thanksgiving" isabella connects her lips with joe's passionately, causing both of them to laugh.

"happy thanksgiving," joe says. "what are you thankful for today?"

"well, i'm thankful for you, kylie, my friends, and baby girl" she smiles. "what about you? what are you thankful for?"

"i'm thankful for ja'marr, my team, that my team is doing so well, for my insanely hot girlfriend, and baby burrow" he answers.

isabella takes her head off of joe's shoulder as joe begins to move around. she looks at him confused but then smiles when she learns what he is doing. joe sits crisscrossed on the blanket, close to isabella's belly before talking.

"hi, baby girl. it's dad" he says. "today is thanksgiving, which means we gather with our families and eat really good food. i'm super thankful for you"

"let me tell you a few things about life" he continues.

"life can be scary, but i hope you never forget how loved you are. you will always have me and your mom. as well, you will always have uncle ja'marr and aunt kylie. not to mention my entire football team"

"you are going to learn that it's okay to make mistakes. and that life can also be so much fun, so enjoy it, kid."

"you are also going to learn how to fall in love with football. i'm sorry, i don't make the rules here" joe puts up his arms in surrender. "daddy plays professional football for a living so you are going to have to get used to football in the burrow household."

"let me tell you about some of the amazing people in your life little one"

"your uncle ja'marr is so goofy. he is always going to know how to make you laugh and smile. he is such a great guy and he is your daddy's best friend. while uncle ja'marr is very funny and goofy, he will always be by your side. so if you ever need anything, you can always talk to your uncle ja'marr"

"aunt kylie already loves you so freaking much, just like everyone else in our lives. she will do anything for you. if you need to get out of jail, she's your girl to call. she is going to teach you so many fun lessons" he chuckles.

"now listen to me, you are so fucking lucky" he puts his hand over his mouth and laughs. "you just heard your first swear word and you aren't even born yet"

"anyways, what i meant to say was you are so freaking lucky. you have the world's greatest mommy. she is going to give you the best life you could ever ask for little one." joe finishes.