14 ╰┈➤ maternity photoshoot

january 13, 2023

joe and isabella have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby b, even though isabella isn't due until the second week of february. they are just so excited to be parents super soon. "hey j," isabella says as she sits down on the couch next to joe.

"what's up?" he questions.

"i scheduled us for a maternity photoshoot at 4:30. i just want professional pictures of us so that we can have memories of this time" she explains.

"that sounds great" joe presses his lips against isabella's and smiles.

"have i mentioned how much i am in love with you?" she lays her head on joe's shoulder.

"you say it every day and every time you say it, i love it. i love you too" joe lightly places a kiss on isabella's forehead.

☆ ☆ ☆

joe and isabella arrive at a field and greet their photographer. isabella is wearing a pretty long-sleeved dress since it is a chilly cincinnati day. joe is wearing something nice as well. "you must be isabella and joe," their photographer says as she shakes isabella's hand and then shakes joe's hand. "i'm kate, your photographer. i'm ready whenever you are"

"so, i was thinking we could do a few different poses today. the first one we are going to do something i like to call a dip and kiss. joe i want you to dip isabella and kiss her. i also want you to grab her leg. isabella, kiss joe as he dips you and then hold your belly with one hand" kate explains.

joe and isabella listen to what kate says. joe dips isabella and then places a kiss on isabella's lips as he holds one of her legs. kate takes photo after photo with her camera. "don't drop me" isabella giggles when she pulls away from the kiss.

"i could never drop you" joe smiles.

"perfect" kate says. "next i want you 2 to hold hands. isabella put one hand under your stomach and use your other hand to hold joe's hand. joe hold isabella's hand and then put your other hand in your pocket" kate rearranges joe and isabella as she instructs.

"now, isabella tell joe a funny joke to get each other to really smile" kate adds.

"i got a good one," isabella says.. "why did the football coach go to the bank?"

"why?" joe questions.

"to get his quarter back" she answers causing joe to start laughing.

"i'm not going to lie, that was a good one" joe continues to laugh as kate takes their pictures.

☆ ☆ ☆

a few hours later, isabella and joe lay in bed together. "thank you for doing that with me today. it means a lot" isabella yawns.

"it made you happy, so i'm glad i did it. i'd do anything to see you smile" he says truthfully.

"good night joe" she closes her eyes.

"good night iz. good night baby b" joe says as he rolls over and goes to sleep.

☆ ☆ ☆