8 ╰┈➤ gender reveal

september 30, 2022

isabella and joe sit in their car after finishing up another ultrasound appointment. today's ultrasound appointment is extra special because they now have an envelope that contains the baby's gender.

"hey j," isabella says with her puppy dog eyes.

"oh no," joe laughs at how cute isabella looks right now. "what's up, beautiful?"

"so i know we wanted to wait to find out the gender at the party with everyone else. but i think it would be so cute if we found out together just the 2 of us," she explains.

"that is such a cute idea" joe smiles. "let's do it" he leans over and places a kiss on isabella's lips.

"yay" she celebrates. "we need to make a pit spot"

"where to?" he questions.

"our local bakery" her eyes light up as joe begins to drive to the bakery

☆ ☆ ☆

it is now the evening in cincinnati and joe just arrived home with the cake that holds either a pink or blue inside. "are we going to do this in our kitchen?" joe asks a little bit confused.

"no, i thought we could do it at a park. we would have such a cute sunset in the background" isabella admits truthfully.

"i love that" joe places a kiss on the top of isabella's head. isabella smiles up at joe, with so much love in her eyes.

"go in the car, i have to go get something really quick," she says to joe as he makes his way to the car. isabella goes into the kitchen and grabs two wine glasses before going to the car.

☆ ☆ ☆

joe and isabella arrive at the park. they place their blanket onto the ground and then sit in the middle of the blanket. joe gets out the white heart-shaped cake as isabella sets up her phone against the tree. she smiles as she presses record.

"oh crap, i didn't bring a knife" joe quickly realizes.

"that is why i got us two wine glasses" isabella gets the wine glasses out of the bag.

"can you explain?" he asks with a confused look on his face.

"instead of cutting a slice of cake to reveal to us baby b's gender, we each use a wine glass. we shove our wine glasses into the cake and then when we pull the glasses out of the cake it will be filled with either pink or blue" she explains excitedly.

"got it," he says. "this might be the last time we refer to the baby as baby b, now that in a few minutes, we will know baby b's gender"

"our baby will still go by baby b until baby b is born. or whatever" she says. "ok, final predictions. do you think we are having a boy or a girl?"

"hi baby b, i think you are a boy," he says into the camera. "i want a son to teach all my football skills to, but i am fine with either."

"i also think it is a boy" she laughs nervously. "i guess it's just a mom instinct"

"ready?" joe looks into isabella's eyes.