Jin woo does NOT like strangers

Start from the beginning

Jin Woo's piercing gaze swept over the two figures before him, Seris and Cylrit, as they regained their footing. Seris's scrutiny lingered upon him, a sense of intrigue mingling with her wariness. It was perplexing, for in comparison to the mighty demon who had bowed before him, Jin Woo appeared unassuming. However, there was an ineffable quality to his presence that sent shivers down her spine, as if an angel of death had descended upon the earthly realm, poised to mete out profound reverence and retribution.

However her retainer did not share such perception.

In a swift motion, Cylrit unsheathed his sword, determination etched upon his face as he lunged towards Jin Woo, who regarded him with a perplexed gaze, his expression a mixture of confusion and curiosity.

But in the blink of an eye, Baran, with his gargantuan form, vanished from sight, propelled forward at monstrous velocities. His colossal hand reached out, seizing Cylrit's head with an iron grip, and with a bone-rattling force, smashed it down upon the rugged surface. The impact reverberated through the cavern, sending shockwaves rippling across its foundations, while shards of rock scattered in all directions, like fragmented credits strewn in the aftermath of destruction.

A malevolent surge of electricity danced upon Baran's lips, tendrils of crackling energy snaking around his monstrous form. His voice, a thunderous growl, echoed through the chamber, filled with wrath and contempt. "How dare you lay a hand upon the king, you insect!"

Witnessing her loyal companion's assault, Seris instinctively sought to defend him. She summoned the mana with her core, conjuring arrows of blackened wind, imbued with a chilling aura. With a swift release, the arrows streaked through the air towards the crackling demon. However, their impact proved futile, as the arrows merely rebounded harmlessly off Baran's electrically charged form, their intended strike thwarted by his overwhelming power.

In the midst of the escalating confrontation, just as the demon prepared to respond to Seris, he found himself momentarily halted as Jin Woo moved past him. The enigmatic figure fixed his gaze upon Seris, his eyes brimming with intrigue and curiosity. "You're a Scythe right?" He inquired, his voice laced with a tinge of amusement.

Seething with frustration, Seris met Jin Woo's gaze with an intensity matched only by her disdain. "And if I am?" she retorted, her voice laced with defiance and a hint of underlying power.

Jin Woo, seemingly unfazed, merely shrugged, a bored expression adorning his face. "Don't care really," he replied casually, as if the answer held little significance.

Unable to contain her mounting anger, Seris gritted her teeth, her features contorted with determination. A swirling mist of inky blackness began to emanate from her, billowing outwards and enveloping Jin Woo's form. Her void magic clung to him, an attempt to grasp control and his mana. However, to her chagrin, her efforts only elicited a chuckle from Jin Woo, his amusement undeterred by her assault.

The black mist coalesced around him, tendrils of her void magic reaching out, but Jin Woo remained unaffected, his amusement amplifying as the tendrils writhed futilely against his indomitable presence.

"Your magic isn't half bad," Jin Woo snickered, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

With a casual flick of his fingers, he initiated a spell that set the very fabric of reality in motion. The world around Seris seemed to liquefy, melting away like a wet canvas under the heat of an artist's torch. In its wake, a paranormal void materialized, stretching out infinitely with a terrifying malevolence, exuding an aura of maddening chaos.

Seris, attempting to comprehend the unfathomable, struggled to wrap her mind around the nightmarish scene before her. As she sought to maintain her grasp on sanity, clawed hands of darkness emerged from the void, snaking towards her with sinister intent. They ensnared her with an unyielding grip, constricting tightly around her, their touch invoking a shiver of dread.