Lightning meets fire

Sounds of metal gnashing resonated in the elven royal castle's backyard.

Arthur and Igris faced each other, both tense and ready for the fight. Reaching for the power that lied dormant with in him, Arthur let the metaphorical bridge that he had built around himself, open. After practicing for a whole year with Antares, he was able enough to suppress his maniacal thoughts that ravaged his mind every now and then. The power it granted was unlike something anything he had ever seen. However, the cost of that power was his rationality.

After practicing with Antares, he learnt how to harness its powers without losing himself. It was to let only a minute amount of power trickle from the said-bridge, that was built around the right side of his chest. According to him the power that he was able to bring out was not even 1% of its true potential. He refused to give him details but that was how things were.

Arthur's eyes morphed from their bright sapphire, to a beaming shade of gold, whips of crimson fire began to swirl around him. The flames crackled and hissed, their intense heat creating a swirling vortex of energy around him.

Igris, on the other hand, stood tall and confident, his jet-black armor, left space for his void like eyes that sucked in the light around it. The sword of the demon Monarch, crackled with deadly energy that sent sparks fizzling into all directions.

Arthur launched the first attack, sending a burst of crimson flames towards Igris. The flames roared through the air like a fiery dragon, but the knight was quick to dodge. Swinging his sword, he sent a bolt of violet lightning towards Arthur. The lightning struck the ground where Arthur had been standing a moment ago, leaving a smoking crater in its wake.

Arthur knew he couldn't rely on this new found power for long, and without it he couldn't as much put a dent in Igris, and the knights swordsman-ship was on par with his. He needed to get closer to him if he wanted to have a chance at winning. Taking in a deep breath, he charged towards Igris, using his new-found powers to create an explosive shockwave that shattered the ground beneath his feet.

Igris stood there unfazed , he stood his ground, waiting for him to come closer. When Arthur was within range, Igris swung his sword again, sending a flurry of purple lightning bolts towards Arthur. The latter dodged and weaved through the lightning bolts, narrowly avoiding each deadly strike.

"BURN"

A small fireball formed at the palm of his hand, but it soon transformed into the maw of a gigantic dragon.

The dragon maw roared through the air, its fiery jaws snapping and biting at Igris. The baffled Igris swung his sword, to fend off the attack, but he was too bewildered to concentrate. It crashed into him, sending him flying through the air and slamming him into the ground.

Arthur stood there thinking he had won, but a bone chilling pressure brought him to his knees. Purple light burst fourth from the smoke, the titanic weight of the intent sending crevices all through out the back yard.

Igris rose to his feet, his armor smoking and battered, but reformed in whisps of black smoke,  his eyes burned with an intense fury. Igris swung his sword again, the blade crackled with purple lightning, releasing a powerful surge of energy that arced through the air. Arthur tried to dodge, but he wasn't fast enough. The lightning struck him, sending him crashing to the ground.

As he lay there, panting and exhausted, his golden eyes slowly faded back to their normal color. The chaotic thoughts that had been racing through his mind finally calmed, leaving him feeling empty and defeated. While he knew had put up a good fight, but in the end, it hadn't been enough. Igris stood over him, looking down at him with a mix of pity and triumph.