Broken God

- Two year time skip -

The sun blazed down on the vast and lush expanse of the beast glades, illuminating the jagged peaks of the surrounding mountains. The air was filled with the sounds of wild beasts, each one vying for dominance over their territory.

As far as the eye could see, there was a sea of grass that swayed gently in the breeze, each blade a vibrant green that was almost blinding in its intensity. The terrain was both beautiful and dangerous, with hidden dangers lurking in every shadow. Despite the potential perils, there was a sense of majesty to the landscape. The mountains towered high above the grasslands, their peaks shrouded in a veil of clouds.

"You're late." A young woman spoke, her black hair was pulled back into a tight braid that hung down her back, her ruby eyes tracked her companion who made his way to her, a stain of blood on the lower side of his cheek.

"A little brawl, that's all." The boy shortly responded, his fiery scarlet coloured hair flowed down in waves, framing his youthful face. It was almost as if his hair was alive, pulsing with a fiery energy that matched the intensity of his gaze. His eyes were an otherworldly sight, like two stars that had fallen from the sky

"There's blood on you." Jasmine stated, hinting at the conflict being more than just a brawl.

Coming to the realisation he brought the sleeve of his hoodie to his lower lip, and wiped the stain of his pale face, "Problem solved, no more blood." He responded gleefully. Letting out a sigh, Jasmine brought out a parchment from her pocket, while her ruby eyes flickered through its contents.

"The dungeon we're going to hasn't been dived in yet, but it's rather far back in the beast glades so it's deemed to be a high rank, our teammates are -Garret, S rank - Richard, S rank - Eva, AA rank emitter ... Caera, AA rank."

Arthur's ears perked up at the mention of the last name, the expression not going unnoticed by Jasmine who gave him a questioning look. "A friend, that's all." He said, but Jasmine wasn't entirely convinced. Shrugging it off, Jasmine saddled her mount while turning back to face Arthur.

"It's going to be a long trip, let's get going."

________________________________________

The relictombs were a wonder.

Capable of creating the most hazardous and breathtaking terrains imaginable.

In this instance it was emerald green meadow, with stunning purple and white glowing flowers that peppered the grass. The sight was breathtaking, almost like something out of a dream. Above, the navy blue sky was vast and seemingly endless, adorned with twinkling stars that shone like tiny diamonds in the darkness. A bright silver sun casted a silvery white glow over the expanse.

Aether seemed to permeate everything around the zone. Aethric creatures of all shapes and sizes littered around, awaiting the next to challenge to come through the portal... however,

That was the tomb's condition around a week ago.

In stark contrast to the peaceful meadow previously described, the scene had now transformed into one of chaos and destruction. The once emerald green grass was now wilted and blackened, as if scorched by an otherworldly flame. The purple and white glowing flowers had withered away, leaving behind only ash and debris.

The sky above was now a sickly shade of black and purple, almost as if it was bleeding out. The twinkling stars were gone, replaced by ominous, swirling clouds that rumbled with thunder. It was a bleak and ominous sight.