fifteen

ELLE WAS WOKEN UP BY ELIJAH SHAKING HER AWAKE, CLAIMING THAT HE NEEDED TO LEAVE

ELLE WAS WOKEN UP BY ELIJAH SHAKING HER AWAKE, CLAIMING THAT HE NEEDED TO LEAVE. And of course, since she had just woken up she was confused out of her mind. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Why?" she groaned.

He sighed. "Because my mother put a spell on my family and I. If one sacrifices themselves or dies, we all die. Niklaus told us to leave, he doesn't want you in the middle of it."

Elle looked over to the clock and saw that it was only 9:30 am. She groaned once again. "Where are we going?"

"I was hoping you'd know someplace?" he asked her, furrowed brows.

"My lake house!" she exclaimed, sitting up and folding her arms around her chest as she was cold. "Nobody goes there anymore. Elena and Stefan went a bit ago but it's empty right now."

✧✧✧

And then they were there. Elijah rolled their suitcases inside of the house, after he refused Elle's help, claiming he didn't need it. He seemed to be in a bad mood, in Elle's opinion.

And she was right.

"I don't get why my brothers so concerned for you." he said, scoffing under his breath. "I can easily take care of you in Mystic Falls."

"He was doing it to protect me, Elijah." Elle said, an annoyed tone to her voice. "He doesn't know about us being extra Original, remember?"

"Why are you defending him?" Elijah asked, eyebrows furrowed as he pushed up from the couch, his hands on his hips. "What? You wanna get with him or something?"

"No, Elijah." she sighed loudly. "I don't know why you're overreacting so much about this. He's doing something to help us."

It was clear he was slowly loosing his patience. "I'm not overreacting!" he shouted. "Klaus is gonna fuck it up, like he does per usual. Then, I'm going to have to clean up his mess, per usual. So do not tell me that I'm overreacting."

"You asked me if I want to get with your brother, Elijah." she said, her tone filled with attitude. "That's overreacting."

He took a deep breath then rolled his eyes and walked away.

"What? You on your period or something?" Elle asked, getting annoyed as well. "Like, fuck."

"Fuck off!" Elijah shouted as he climbed up the stairs.

Elle pushed up to her feet and stormed to the bottom of the stairs. "Sleep on the fucking couch tonight!"

✧✧✧

When the night came, Elle climbed into her bed and curled up into a ball on her side. She felt lonely in the bed alone, but she was still annoyed with Elijah for telling her to fuck off — which is completely out of character for him.

Then she felt a hand snake over her waist and pull her closer to him. He placed a kiss to her neck, resting his head in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry I snapped at you." he told her softly. He sighed once she stayed silent. "Elle, I'm sorry."

She waited a few seconds before responding, and during those few seconds Elijah placed another kiss on her neck. Another kiss, which created butterflies in her stomach. "It's okay." she said as she turned to face him. "Just don't get so mad at someone protecting someone you like."

"Elle, I don't just like you." he told her, narrowing his eyes on her. "I love you. Like a lot."

She smiled as she heard those words come out of his mouth. "I love you, too."

Elijah lightly grabbed her jaw and pulled her in for a kiss. A kiss that soon escalated. Elijah slid over top of her and began kissing down her neck.

He took her breast into his mouth and began sucking. Then he removed his pants and began pumping his length. Then he slowly thrust into her, and they both moaned.

He began thrusting into her, as he sucked on her neck, leaving marks on her neck. "Fuck," Elle moaned out.

✧✧✧

Elle rolled over to her side when she woke up, yawning. She went to lay on Elijah's chest, but her eyebrows furrowed as she realized he wasn't there. "Elijah!" she called, worry slightly in her voice.

That worry quickly went away as their bedroom door opened and Elijah entered. "Yes, my love?"

"Oh, I just didn't know where you were. That's all." she told him, furrowed eyebrows. Elle looked even more confused when she heard voices coming from downstairs. "Who's here?"

"Your grandparents showed up." he told her, wide eyed. "They seem to like me though. Are you gonna come down?"

A smile found its way onto Elle's face as she got out from under the covers and up out of the bed. "Of course I do."

✧✧✧

Elle's grandma, Susan, pulled her into her embrace and placed a kiss on her head. "Elle, honey! I missed you."

"I missed you too." she responded, hugging her grandma back. When she pulled away, she went to hug her grandpa, who gladly accepted her hug. "What are you guys doing over?"

"We saw a car in the driveway and we wanted to know who was here; you and your new boyfriend," she looked over to Elijah. "Who is quite handsome!"

"Grandma," Elle said in a scolding tone, looking over at her grandpa who was unimpressed.

"Oh!" her grandma exclaimed. "I also wanted to give you this." she reached into her pocket and pulled out a ring.

It was absolutely gorgeous. It had three stones in it; two diamonds and an emerald into the middle of the two diamonds. There was a gold band on it and Elle was astonished.

"Oh, my gosh." Elle gaped as she slid the ring onto her finger. "It's gorgeous." she pulled her grandma into a hug.

"Hey,  Elijah?" she heard her grandpa ask, causing a nervous feeling in her stomach.

"Yes?" he inquired, suddenly feeling nervous.

"What are your intentions with my granddaughter?" the older man asked the Original.

He looked down with a smile on his face. "I plan to marry her and start a wonderful life with her."

As those words came out of his mouth, Elle looked at him with the biggest smile on her face.